whats wrong with this auction?

Old January 12th 05, 12:43 AM

Check the selector buttons also, and compare their location on the
cabinet (as well as the number of buttons/24!) with a picture of an
original 1015.....not even close! I too attempted to e-mail him (the
seller), and it wouldn't go through. Rob

Old January 12th 05, 01:26 AM
Jim Murphy

I have had several emails with the seller. He sent me a picture of a legit
restored 1015 original and I guess that is what he is selling. He offered it
to me for $3300 plus shipping. Now if I had that kind of cash I might
consider buying it. I did report the auction to eBay and told the seller
that he must put up the picture of the product he is selling. We'll see. Jim
oups.com...

Old January 12th 05, 12:28 PM
mike

ck the auction - it is a hijacked account. The seller 'masterlockman' has
made a comment at the bottom of the page. He explains it as Ebay has us
"mixed up" but I would sooner believe his account was simply hijacked

The alleged seller emailed me yesterday and offered the
box for $3300 shipped as well and did not address the original question
regarding the picture contradiction

Anyone who would consider doing business under such circumstances should be
VERY careful. If the person does possess the box in the pics he sent, ask
him to produce a picture of the serial or dataplate. Ask him for a unique
picture that only the owner could provide. Am pretty sure you wont get a
response

Me?- I already have a 1015 but even if I was in the market, I would steer
clear of this one.

Mike

"Jim Murphy" wrote in message
I have had several emails with the seller. He sent me a picture of a legit
restored 1015 original and I guess that is what he is selling. He offered
it
to me for $3300 plus shipping. Now if I had that kind of cash I might
consider buying it. I did report the auction to eBay and told the seller
that he must put up the picture of the product he is selling. We'll see.
Jim
oups.com...

Old January 13th 05, 04:00 AM
Jim Murphy

Just for grins say I was interested. The listing says the box is in Milwauke
WI. My Father-in-law lives there. I would send him over to eyeball it first.
I see that it is up to around $4500.00 now. Some unsuspecting soul may be
very unhappy when this is all over. JIm

"Jim Murphy" wrote in message
I have had several emails with the seller. He sent me a picture of a

legit
restored 1015 original and I guess that is what he is selling. He

offered
it
to me for $3300 plus shipping. Now if I had that kind of cash I might
consider buying it. I did report the auction to eBay and told the seller
that he must put up the picture of the product he is selling. We'll see.
Jim
oups.com...

Old January 13th 05, 04:58 AM
mike

yes, this one really surprises me that Ebay hasnt pulled it yet. The seller
'masterlockman' admits in the auction Q&A that it isnt his box. If it is
truly a reponse from him, there is no telling where the box is located. I
cannot figure this one out where the valid Ebay seller admits that there is
an auction in his name in progress and yet its not his auction. WTF?

In the very rare case that you were able to arrange an inspection, I say to
hell with Ebay - make him a cash offer and take it home.

"Jim Murphy" wrote in message
I have had several emails with the seller. He sent me a picture of a

legit
restored 1015 original and I guess that is what he is selling. He

offered
it
to me for $3300 plus shipping. Now if I had that kind of cash I might
consider buying it. I did report the auction to eBay and told the
seller
that he must put up the picture of the product he is selling. We'll
see.
Jim
oups.com...

Old January 13th 05, 05:03 AM
crkm

Invalid Item
This listing (7126416333) has been removed by eBay. Make sure that you've
entered the item number correctly.
Finally!

"Jim Murphy" wrote in message
I have had several emails with the seller. He sent me a picture of a

legit
restored 1015 original and I guess that is what he is selling. He

offered
it
to me for $3300 plus shipping. Now if I had that kind of cash I might
consider buying it. I did report the auction to eBay and told the
seller
that he must put up the picture of the product he is selling. We'll
see.
Jim
oups.com...

Old January 14th 05, 02:54 AM
Jim Murphy

Great. I sent a direct email to eBAy a second time with more detail about
what was wrong with the auction. I guess they finally got enough reports to
decide to take action. Jim

"Jim Murphy" wrote in message
I have had several emails with the seller. He sent me a picture of a
legit
restored 1015 original and I guess that is what he is selling. He
offered
it
to me for $3300 plus shipping. Now if I had that kind of cash I

might
consider buying it. I did report the auction to eBay and told the
seller
that he must put up the picture of the product he is selling. We'll
see.
Jim
oups.com...

Old January 30th 05, 10:42 PM
Jjmscf

Its already been removed so there was something definitely wrong with it.