Trouble with a new Jukebox

Old December 17th 12, 07:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Trouble with a new Jukebox

Just a bought a jukebox for Christmas it is a Rowe AMI CD-100B. When I first got it everything seemed to work fine. After I loaded my music into it, I started to have problems. It has initialized all 100 CD's, but now it will not play.
When you turn it on, the CD magazine will cycle, and try to choose a CC, it picks one up, cycles some more, and puts the CD back, this will go on for about thirty seconds. Also even though all the CD are initialized, when I press a selection number, nothing happens. I have tried it on freeplay, and with 9999 credits.
I have run a diagnostic, and get this error :06-02 which means V1 cell or inlet cell is blocked on the OBA Controller, or the OBA-2 controller thinks the transport V! cell is blocked. Now this is all Greek to me, so can somebody help me is this the reason my jukebox won't work, and what do I need to do to fix it. Thank you for your time in this matter.
Old December 17th 12, 07:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

wrote:
[...]

Hi!

I am a bit too busy (and not that familiar with Rowe CD troubleshooting)
to get much into your problem but you can download a manual for your
machine and then the diagnostic codes would be better explained.

One source of manuals is:

http://thearcadeboneyard.com/librarysite/index.php

He asks for a small amount of money to help cover his expenses to gain
access to the schematics. I can assure you that the CD-100B is there.

If you are not in a rush there are many suppliers of printed copies of
the manual including happcontrols.com (lots of parts for ROWE jukes),
VictoryGlass.com (high quality reprints - excellent value if original
not available @ Happ), and others.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old December 17th 12, 11:45 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Todd Mc

First off the 06-02 error relates to the bill acceptor and is not the cause
of your problem

First since it worked before you loaded your music a couple of things you
should look at.
1. are all you cd's original or burnrd cd's?
2. have you tried every cd?
3. make sure the cd's are loaded right, the label side has to face to the
left in the cd carriage.

As far as the OBA bill acceptor, its been to long since I worked on one of
these and would have to look through my notes if you want it to work.

Todd

Old December 18th 12, 12:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

I do have the manuals for the machine.

Most of the CD's are original, maybe out of 100 10-15 are burnt. They all initialized. Would this cause the problems I describe. The carousel rotating, and not playing the selections? As I stated I am quite new at this. If I take the homemade CD's out, and left the slots empty would that rectify the problem? Also the Cancel/scan button does not seem to move the CD rack, so how to I get the burnt CD's out, just snatch them as they go by?
All the CD's are in the proper place, placed properly, and facing the right way.

The jukebox is for home use, so I don't care if the Bill acceptor works or not, I am using it on freeplay.
Old December 18th 12, 12:42 AM
JeffP JeffP is offline
Member

Location: Ringwood NJ 07456

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
[...]
Try reaching out to Bruce Wentworth... He specializes in Rowe Ami

Bruce Wentworth
A&B Jukebox Repair
56 Old County Rd.
Plaistow NH 03865
603-382-6272
Old December 18th 12, 02:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Todd Mc

Well if you only have 10-15 burnt cd's I would say that is not your problem.
If I remember right the service switch has to be in "service" for the cancel
button to scan.
It could be that your player has gone bad, and I agree with Jeff that A&B
Jukebox Repair are the people to contact.

You might want to try a Factory Default reset, its in the manual and
reinitialize the cds.
Check the battery voltage in the CCC, look for cold solder joints big Rowe
problem.
Good luck
Todd

Old December 18th 12, 05:15 AM
JeffP JeffP is offline
Member

Location: Ringwood NJ 07456

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I do have the manuals for the machine.

Most of the CD's are original, maybe out of 100 10-15 are burnt. They all initialized. Would this cause the problems I describe. The carousel rotating, and not playing the selections? As I stated I am quite new at this. If I take the homemade CD's out, and left the slots empty would that rectify the problem? Also the Cancel/scan button does not seem to move the CD rack, so how to I get the burnt CD's out, just snatch them as they go by?
All the CD's are in the proper place, placed properly, and facing the right way.

The jukebox is for home use, so I don't care if the Bill acceptor works or not, I am using it on freeplay.
You probably already know this but sometimes its good just to state the obvious. The Cancel/Scan Button on the Mech will only rotate the carousel when the Service Switch is set to Service Mode. Maybe/Hopefully after you did your initialize, you forgot to move the Service Switch back to the Normal position. The Service Switch needs to be in the Normal position in order to put the machine back into play mode.
Old December 18th 12, 10:41 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

The button is in the normal mood, I made sure of that. I did a count on the burnt CD's. There are 20 out of 100.
The player was working okay even after this problem surfaced. I did manage to play a few more songs, and now nothing.
Again I state I know nothing about these things, and I would not second guess somebody that does, but if the player was bad, would it not be able to initialize the CD's that are in there.
I did the factory default (hold 0-1, and turn machine on). Cleared the errors, and re-initialized, and still have the problem.
Old December 18th 12, 11:43 AM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

[...]
Hi Rob,

The error relates to the dollor bill acceptor, I would disconnect it from the CCC and reset/clear the error code and test again, it might be an idea to see in programming that it has initalized all of the cd's.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old December 18th 12, 01:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Could it be as simple as burnt Cd's, I mean if that is it, I can replace the CD's with factory CD's , and then reset the machine, and re-initialize. I do notice that when the initialization process is going on the burnt CD's take longer to initialize. The last CD in the chamber to be initialized is a burnt one, and once I had to shut the machine down to stop the initialization process.

Also how do I check the battery voltage in the CCC. And what should I look for as to the cold solder joints. Please excuse me, this is my first jukebox, and I realize I might be asking stupid questions here, but I know nothing about them.

Rockola 440 trouble donald Juke Boxes 0 May 25th 12 03:54 PM
Trouble with abebooks(slightly OT) Chuck C. Books 3 September 20th 08 02:45 AM
soaking trouble Wickström General Discussion 15 October 3rd 07 04:12 PM
Anyone else having trouble with Yahoo? Sibirskmoneta Coins 4 September 26th 06 09:12 PM
more trouble for Democrats tripping28track 8 Track Tapes 1 June 17th 05 04:47 PM