economy mail from overseas

Old May 20th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default economy mail from overseas

What we had was simply a failure to communicate :-)

Dale

"Dale Hallmark" dalehall"AT"cableone.net wrote in message
m...
I am familiar with trading overseas and if he had said he sent it ground or
economy I wouldn't have gotten worried until after 8 weeks.
We talked about that before I bid and he said it was the 7-10 day mail
service. It didn't really matter to me, I was in no hurry
but when it didn't show up weeks after the promised delivery date, I began
to worry and eventually gave up.
We talked several times and he was surprised I hadn't already gotten it
and he filed a complaint with the post after 30 days.

The postage on the package is 8.48 euros and I paid $13 US. That is close
enough because the container cost too.
It is clearly marked economy.

Alls well that ends well and I left positive feedback.

Dale

"Ian" wrote in message
. uk...
airmail can take anywhere between 3 -22 days (usually just 4 from UK)

surface mail can take between 6 - 12 weeks (usually just 6 from UK)

Ian

Dale Hallmark wrote:
I won a reference book from a French seller on eBay and I paid $13 for
shipping.
I was emailed when the item was sent and told that it would arrive in
7-10 days.

I gave up on ever getting that item a LONG time ago but believed the
seller really did send it so I left no feedback
good or bad. That depresses me as near $40 purchases are not something
I can easily lose and feel good about
or forget.

Well it arrived today!!! 47 days after it was shipped!!!
I feel like celebrating. :-)

Dale

Old May 20th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

As I have stated in a different thread, I am still waiting for a
package from the UK that was sent on April 13. I have received packages
from Australia in less than a week. Recently purchased a coin from a
guy in Norway, arrived in less than a week. Also waiting for a coin
from Romania that is approaching a month. Why cant the postal services
be more efficient? Well, guess thats why there is FedEx.

Old May 20th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Vector wrote:
The package wasn't delivered for two months! The recipient and I had
long since decided the package had been lost and I had sent a
replacement ... before the original arrived.

Australia and New Zealand are about the worst. I ship art glass to NZ
sometimes, usually using economy (understandable, since glass is
heavy). The packages take 1-2 months to reach the buyer. It would be
nice to ship Airmail, but the postage to Australia and NZ are about the
worst in the world. Buyers usually opt for economy. One buyer wrote me
that sometimes it takes 3+ months to reach him in NZ.

I don't buy from Australia and NZ because it is too expensive. Postage
certainly does hurt their internet trade.

Anita

Old May 20th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Dale Hallmark wrote:
I won a reference book from a French seller on eBay and I paid $13 for
shipping.
I was emailed when the item was sent and told that it would arrive in 7-10
days.

I gave up on ever getting that item a LONG time ago but believed the seller
really did send it so I left no feedback
good or bad. That depresses me as near $40 purchases are not something I
can easily lose and feel good about
or forget.

Well it arrived today!!! 47 days after it was shipped!!!
I feel like celebrating. :-)

Dale

My wife and I just celebrated out 13th wedding anniversary here in
Ontario on the 15th. My mom sent us a card from Albuquerque, NM via
Global Priority Mail on the 10th. We STILL have yet to receive it!

--
___ ____________
\ \/ ___ ___/ Charles R. Kaiser HOKC - MFA 1991

Direct all incoming fire to: 17TPJ2411274412
Zone 17T Zone CM -81 E 624112 N 4874412
44° 00'44.55" N, 79° 27'05.92" W 44.0123706, -79.45164444

Old May 20th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Charles R. Kaiser" wrote in message
Dale Hallmark wrote:
I won a reference book from a French seller on eBay and I paid $13 for
shipping.
I was emailed when the item was sent and told that it would arrive in
7-10 days.

I gave up on ever getting that item a LONG time ago but believed the
seller really did send it so I left no feedback
good or bad. That depresses me as near $40 purchases are not something I
can easily lose and feel good about
or forget.

Well it arrived today!!! 47 days after it was shipped!!!
I feel like celebrating. :-)

Dale

My wife and I just celebrated out 13th wedding anniversary here in Ontario
on the 15th. My mom sent us a card from Albuquerque, NM via Global
Priority Mail on the 10th. We STILL have yet to receive it!

Congratulations on 13 years!!! My wife and I will celebrate our 32nd this
fall.
God! I can't believe I can say that without tears!

Dale
not sure celebrate was the correct word to use.

Old May 20th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Dale Hallmark wrote:
[...]

I once send a postcard from Belgium to Scotland and it arrived three years
later. Billy

Old May 20th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

news

Dale Hallmark wrote:
[...]

Wow

That has to be a record. Wonder where it went for all that time.
Dale

Old May 20th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message

news

Dale Hallmark wrote:
[...]

I was mystified when the uncle I had sent it to asked me how I had enjoyed
Belgium when it had been three years since my visit, I wanted to see the
postcard to see if it had any evidence of being jammed in machinery but he
had binned it. Billy

Old May 21st 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"note.boy" wrote in message

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message

news

Dale Hallmark wrote:
[...]

It probably got stuck in a crack and then some time later during a clean up,
it got found.
Either that or it circulated the globe for three years going endlessly from
post to post :-)
Bet it acquired mystical powers until discarded. It will resurface someday.

Dale
Fan of fiction and fantasy