DeserTBob loses all respect, gets no traction, in alt.phono thread

Old June 12th 07, 02:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western

Default Further to:Chuck Negron

Calgary Stampede, I think, can afford to bring in pretty big headliners.
Talkin' oil revenues. Manitoba, though having a modest oil patch in it's
southwest district, can only pop for has beens and retreads at it's Red
River Exhibition. And dBob, you were right about Negron. According to the
ads in the paper today he is pictured separately but in the same show as
Blood, Sweat, and Tears (featuring him). So he clearly is touring with them.
Can he take on David Clayton-Thomas? Doubtful. Clayton-Thomas usually lives
in Toronto, but I have not heard anything about him for ages. Last I saw him
he was doing colour commentary for CTV coverage of Olympic boxing. And
clearly knew what he was talking about. Maybe him and Negron could tour
together with B,S,&T and after the show duke it out in the ring?

Old June 12th 07, 04:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

Default Noodles really thinks he can spam Usenet...rules weren't made for him.

On Jun 11, 10:01 am, "William W Western"
wrote:
Hey Noodles! Run any stop signs lately? Those rules don't apply to
you either, do they, ****head?

(In slack jawed yokel dialect): "Why....those signs are just
put up there as suggestions anyhow."
Actually, it was not that long ago someone corrected me on speed signs
under curve ahead signs. I always thought those were suggested speeds for
the curve. So if the weather was wet or roads icy - slower. If driving a
Ferrari and motoring skills are up to snuff - faster (But no faster than the
posted speed limit. Which for some reason I recognized as not being a mere
suggestion.).

Pa. state law- we are allowed 10 mph over the posted speed limit, for
all areas posted from 5 to 50 mph.

we are allowed 5 mph over the speed limit, in areas posted 55 mph or
higher

so you don't realize how correct you really were- it is perfectly
legal to do 60 mph in a posted 50 mph zone, in Pa.- in fact, it is
ILLEGAL for a police office to write a fine, in either of the above
situations of +10 or +5 over.

Old June 12th 07, 04:26 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

On Jun 11, 8:05 pm, "William W Western" wrote:
And yes, most cars built since the mid-'90s have black boxes, and an
increasing number of jurisdictions pull the data (if they can get to
it at the accident site) for evidence. You can also build a "stunt
box" to pull the raw data yourself from your car's ECM, converting the
OBCII serial stream into RS-232 or USB for use by your computer's
serial ports.

Sounds fraudulent as all get out..........

there's no such thing as a "black box" for a car, that's a total crock
of ****

Old June 12th 07, 05:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 01:30:04 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

Calgary Stampede, I think, can afford to bring in pretty big headliners.
Talkin' oil revenues. Manitoba, though having a modest oil patch in it's
southwest district, can only pop for has beens and retreads at it's Red
River Exhibition. And dBob, you were right about Negron. According to the
ads in the paper today he is pictured separately but in the same show as
Blood, Sweat, and Tears (featuring him). So he clearly is touring with them.
Can he take on David Clayton-Thomas? Doubtful. Clayton-Thomas usually lives
in Toronto, but I have not heard anything about him for ages. Last I saw him
he was doing colour commentary for CTV coverage of Olympic boxing. And
clearly knew what he was talking about. Maybe him and Negron could tour
together with B,S,&T and after the show duke it out in the ring?snip

Clayton-Thomas and Negron are two different breeds...C-T is a gruff
baritone, Negron is a high tenor, although his range is diminished by
age and abuse. I don't think Clayton-Thomas has had the pipes for
years now, although Chuck, since his successful rehab, has been
working very hard on his voice.

Old June 12th 07, 06:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Noodles really thinks he can speed legally...laws weren't made for nut jobs like him.

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:25:28 -0700,
wrote:

Pa. state law- we are allowed 10 mph over the posted speed limit, for
all areas posted from 5 to 50 mph. snip

Oh yeah? Explain this, dumbass:

From the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes:

§ 3362. Maximum speed limits.
(a) General rule.--Except when a special hazard exists that requires
lower speed for compliance with section 3361 (relating to driving
vehicle at safe speed), the limits specified in this section or
established under this subchapter shall be maximum lawful speeds and
no person shall drive a vehicle at a speed in excess of the following
maximum limits:

(1) 35 miles per hour in any urban district.
(1.1) 65 miles per hour for all vehicles on freeways where the
department has posted a 65-miles-per-hour speed limit
(1.2) 25 miles per hour in a residence district, if the highway:

is not a numbered traffic route; and
is functionally classified by the department as a local highway.
(2) 55 miles per hour in other locations.
(3) Any other maximum speed limit established under this subchapter.

That's the LAW.

Continuing:

(c) Penalty.--

Any person violating this section is guilty of a summary offense and
shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay a fine of:
$42.50 for violating a maximum speed limit of 65 miles per hour; or
$35 for violating any other maximum speed limit.
Any person exceeding the maximum speed limit by more than five miles
per hour shall pay an additional fine of $2 per mile for each mile in
excess of five miles per hour over the maximum speed limit.

Explain the "tolerance," Noodles. All the law states is that you get
a ticket (a cheap one, really) for exceeding 65 MPH, with an ADD-ON
for anything over 5 MPH OVER 65 MPH...there IS NO TOLERANCE.

Of course, what could one expect from a state that used to put teeny
little stop signs at the end of long, Interstate Highway approved,
downhill onramps onto divided, limited access highways, like US 22
from Lansdale to Allentown? Made NO sense whatsoever, and the
Commonweath was finally sued successfully over these ticket getters.
This, of course, doesn't apply to ancient, short, inadequate on ramps,
such as existed on the Pennsy Pike (The Big Slip-N-Slide) for years.

For further anal retentiveness, remember that Penna was the last state
in the union to allow "sets of doubles" on any highway in the state.
You used to have to take your rig to a truck stop on the Ohio side,
drop a trailer, ferry the front trailer across the York "blockade" and
dump it in New York before getting on "Da Trooway", deadhead back, get
the rear trailer, and drag it over as a full trailer with the dolly.
Insanity, as it doubled the truck traffic on Penna highways for
decades, and provided the Mafia with lots of easy pickings at the two
truck stops on either side.

What can one expect with a state full of Noodleses, anyway? When I
was driving cross country professionally to bank college money,
Pennsylvania by far had a lot of the worst designed roads and goofiest
highway and commercial vehicle laws and weight limits, as well as some
of the worst signage and licensing processes. Nothing, however, beat
Missouri back then, with their fuel permit scams. I would routinely
refuse trips that involved the Pennsy Pike in winter, as it was a
death trap then.

Worst roads in the country in those days were the Deep South, which
hadn't yet gotten its share of the Interstate Highway Trust Fund
bonanza, which left the traveler to contend with 2 lane roads first
graded in the 'teens and '20s, along with some really scary 1920s
vintage steel bridges. They wound up getting some of the latest and
the best highways in the country in the '70s. Jimmy Carter made sure
of that for Georgia, at least.

Back then, the best eastern toll road of them all was the Ohio
Turnpike, which unceremoniously dumped you on the "Big Slip-N-Slide."
when you reached Pennsylvania. The Indiana Toll Road was so-so. The
Joisey Pike was pretty good when compared to the Pennsy Pike...as long
as you didn't smash your trailer into the very low arch of the Pulaski
Skyway it dove under near Newark! The 1950-era, state funded
Massachusetts Pike in those days was pretty scary as you got close to
downtown Boston, where it now goes into the "Big Dig." The New York
State "Trooway" was very good...until they found out awhile back that
the mob operated materials contractors in 1955 had shortchanged the
state on rip rap for bridge pier footings. That was shown when a
loaded semi went across a short bridge over a creek on "Da Trooway"
and the whole thing collapsed, killing the driver. Governor Cuomo
ordered an immediate investigation, and many similar bridge piers had
to be rebuilt as a result.

As to which "family" did the evil deed was never disclosed.
Old June 12th 07, 12:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

On Jun 11, 9:30 pm, "William W Western" wrote:
Calgary Stampede, I think, can afford to bring in pretty big headliners.
Talkin' oil revenues. Manitoba, though having a modest oil patch in it's
southwest district, can only pop for has beens and retreads at it's Red
River Exhibition. And dBob, you were right about Negron. According to the
ads in the paper today he is pictured separately but in the same show as
Blood, Sweat, and Tears (featuring him). So he clearly is touring with them.
Can he take on David Clayton-Thomas? Doubtful. Clayton-Thomas usually lives
in Toronto, but I have not heard anything about him for ages. Last I saw him
he was doing colour commentary for CTV coverage of Olympic boxing. And
clearly knew what he was talking about. Maybe him and Negron could tour
together with B,S,&T and after the show duke it out in the ring?

WWW- this just in- B,S&T sucked badly

Old June 12th 07, 01:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Rick[_3_]

On Jun 12, 12:07 am, DeserTBoB wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:26:42 -0700,
wrote:

there's no such thing as a "black box" for a car, that's a total crock
of **** snip

Again, Charlie Nudo shows his complete ignorance. Your 2002 Saturn
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGON has it. Get into an accident and see how fast
they pull the speed when air bags deploy value out of that ECM.

Wow, for a so-called "car expert" Charlie sure is lacking in
automobile knowledge.

Old June 12th 07, 01:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western

WWW- this just in- B,S&T sucked badly
Oh darn.