Italian issues of 1863

Old December 14th 11, 11:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

Default Italian issues of 1863

There are two types of the 15 centesimi stamp issued in 1853
by Italy.

The stamps have extensive flaws which enable many
of Type I and the majority of Type II to be plated.

I have now acquired a significant number of both Types, and an attempt at plating
them is illustrated on my website at

http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/kingd...ire/index.html

with details on
http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/kingd...ire/type1.html
and
http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/kingd...ire/type2.html

More will be added (I bought many at a recent auction, and
left them behind - they are on their way) but I may not get
them to scan until after Christmas.

Enjoy!

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old December 14th 11, 11:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Tony--nice images and description. Thanks.

Stan

Big price jump in 1863/2 trime bgg Coins 2 July 4th 07 01:45 AM
1863 seated dollar Lowell Coins 2 August 22nd 06 12:20 AM
WTTF - Oddball/regional issues/european issues/promos/misc items DJ Sports Cards Hockey 0 August 24th 04 11:19 PM
FA: $1 DeSoto, Nebraska currency 1863 JSTONE9352 General 0 October 4th 03 10:21 PM
FA: Lot of 5 Sports Illustrated Issues including 25th & 40th Anniversary Issues zooando General 0 September 21st 03 07:55 PM