8-Track Thursday now available in WINDOWS MEDIA from WQMA!

Old October 1st 05, 05:44 PM
66FOURDOOR

'Ron- here's 1,049 people that DISAGREE with you ! Explain that ? It
seems you are making FALSE ACCUSATIONS again !

If the tape is so "bad", now come all these good feedbacks ?

Like I said, smart people know better than to believe you.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback

Good Product Good Service Thank You
Buyer airbrushjunky ( 104) Sep-29-05 11:54 5796083242
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT TAPE-
Sep-29-05 15:58

If you want fast shipment, this is the seller to deal with! Thanks from
l=E9on NL
Buyer trackernl ( 168) Sep-16-05 00:01 5806028149
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE-$$$ Sep-16-05 03:09

Smooth transaction. Great Ebayer. Highly recommended!
Buyer borg ( 543) Sep-12-05 14:39 5803544555
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE-$$$ Sep-12-05 17:57

Fast shiping A ok A+++++++++++++++
Buyer strohs05 ( 47) Sep-06-05 15:19 5801180576
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE Sep-06-05 15:38

Great EBAY Thanks
Buyer mazilla ( 393) Sep-01-05 21:17 5803519006
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT TAPE-
Sep-02-05 05:26

Very fast transaction. Highly recommend...!!
Buyer spiker32 ( 557) Aug-24-05 17:21 5798742957
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE Aug-25-05 04:25

very fast A++++++++++++
Buyer similacrem ( 99) Aug-11-05 08:00 5795975725
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE-$$$ Aug-11-05 11:12

Item as described. Professional transaction. Fast shipping.
Buyer f1reverb ( 287) Aug-05-05 01:57 5778493425
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE Aug-05-05 03:54

Wow, what a great item. Used it already, and identified the problem.
Thanks 66!
Buyer nivekb12 ( 92) Aug-04-05 15:24 5793571937
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE Aug-04-05 18:56

As described . Thank you. A++++++++++
Buyer allstats ( 382) Aug-03-05 09:02 5791365108
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE-$$$ Aug-03-05 14:41

Great eBay seller, fast transaction. Excellent A+
Buyer mctoshdi ( 20) Jul-13-05 17:08 5787623433
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE-$$$ Jul-15-05 14:11

Fast shipping, A++++++++++++Seller, Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buyer kustomgasser ( 101) Jun-06-05 06:56 5778493427
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE Jun-06-05 08:01

as described
Buyer napa_tim ( 1080) May-30-05 17:24 5774087365
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE May-30-05 18:16

absolutly perfect! very fast shipping!!!!!
Buyer aylorth ( 88) May-25-05 09:29 5774087365
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE May-25-05 14:52

Great to deal with!!! Highly recommended!!! A+++++
Buyer bobbrk ( 1177) May-20-05 15:30 5774087365
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE May-20-05 19:36

GREAT TRANSACTION
Buyer bobsue75 ( 624) Dec-22-04 14:49 4061047742
Reply by 66fourdoor: technician's 8track deck test tape-head alignment
Dec-23-04 06:08

Great item and fast shipping!!!A+++++
Buyer olddogparts ( 241) Dec-08-04 09:22 4055212804
Reply by 66fourdoor: technician's 8track deck test tape-head alignment
Dec-08-04 09:29

Smooth transaction,a pleasure to do business with,highly recommended
eBayer A++
Buyer ohyeah42 ( 488) Oct-18-04 19:33 4042302331
Reply by 66fourdoor: technician's 8track deck test tape-head alignment
Oct-19-04 04:30

Old October 1st 05, 05:47 PM
66FOURDOOR

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback

Old October 1st 05, 07:09 PM
bicycle

66FOURDOOR wrote:
'Ron- here's 1,049 people that DISAGREE with you ! Explain that ? It
seems you are making FALSE ACCUSATIONS again !

If the tape is so "bad", now come all these good feedbacks ?

Charlie,

You are lying yet again. 1,049 people don't disagree because 1,049
people did NOT buy a dubbed tape off of you, only some of them did.

No doubt some buyers are afraid to give you less than positive feedback
due to your history of "retracting" the positive you left for them when
they complained.

An example would be when YOU left this feedback for a buyer:

"QUICK PAYMENT, GOOD EBAYER-GOOD EMAIL COMMUNICATION-RECOMMENDED BUYER
A+++++++++"

The person lived up to their end of the deal by paying quickly and
communicating with you. You recommend them as a buyer until they get
their goods and leave you this:

"NEUTRAL:cover of item listed for 56 Buick, pages show up to 55 Buick,
misrepresented."

You sent them a misrepresented item and since they had the nerve to
complain, you follow up with this retaliation:

"Follow-up by 66fourdoor: RETRACT-BUYER TOO PICKY-LEAVES NEG FB WHEN
REFUND AVAILABLE-HARD TO DEAL WITH !!"

Now all the sudden the buyers not the recommended person he was before
because he didn't give you what you wanted, and that's positive
feedback.
He still paid quickly and communicated with you, but he also had the
balls to complain about mis-representation so you have to "get even"
and slam the guy.

You have done retalitory feedback on all your auctions where you didn't
recieve a positive. A person of good character doesn't stoop to such
low levels. As far as the "refund" you offer, you know most will not
take you up on it because they would lose too much paying return
shipping. That's a well known tactic used by less than honest sellers.

Old October 1st 05, 10:34 PM
yodedude2

66FOURDOOR wrote:
....Explain that ? ....

Here are the facts:

Your auction listing is dishonest.
You know that it is dishonest.
You prefer to keep it dishonest.

These are not accusations, but facts. Look up the difference in a
dictionary if you can.

This speaks more about your character than any amount of feedback ever
could. You keep trying to divert attention from the fraud you
perpetrate with your auction because you know you are being deceitful.
Try to be an honest man for a change!

I keep assuming that you have a conscience. You seem bent on proving
you don't. Prove to us all that you do have a conscience, Charlie.
Correct your listing or pull it. Or is proving you have a conscience
to much to ask of a man such as you, Charlie? What price do you put on
your honesty, Charlie? $ 1.99? later, ron

Old October 1st 05, 10:41 PM
yodedude2

66FOURDOOR wrote:

If the tape is so "bad", now come all these good feedbacks ?

I never said the tape was bad. A professional engineer has already
proven the quality of the homemade dubbed copy you offer. You yourself
said one should use a Boston cart to align tape deck heads. Geez
Charlie, learn to read.

I said the listing was fraudulent. You knowingly claim the item to be
something it is not. That is the definition of fraud.

Like I said, smart people know better than to believe you.

LOL ! Whatever else you are, Trip, you do have a sense of humor! LOL
!later, ron

Old October 2nd 05, 12:33 AM
66FOURDOOR

a professional engineer ? what a laugh...

you don't have to be a professional engineer to align an 8-track deck-
there's 2 screws to turn, azimuth and head height

if ANY cart has proper track assignments, Boston, Audiotex, or
otherwise- it will align any deck

you're too narrow minded to realize that

Old October 2nd 05, 02:27 AM
yodedude2

Again you seek to divert attention from your dishonesty. Such behavior
speaks for itself.

Charlie, I don't care if you align your deck with a sledgehammer and a
pickaxe, your homemade dubbed copy alignment tape auction listing is
still fraudulent.

You knowingly claim the item to be something it is not. That is the
definition of fraud. With your refusal to correct the listing, you
taint yourself. Irreparably, it would seem, by your repugnant clinging
to deceitful behavior.

Show us that you have a conscience. We missed seeing it the first time
around. later, ron

..=2E.

66FOURDOOR wrote:
a professional engineer ? what a laugh...

you don't have to be a professional engineer to align an 8-track deck-
there's 2 screws to turn, azimuth and head height

if ANY cart has proper track assignments, Boston, Audiotex, or
otherwise- it will align any deck

you're too narrow minded to realize that

..=2E.

From the archive: "...a

dubbed alignment tape is useless for the purpose an alignment tape is
intended. Firstly, one has to understand (like Noodles doesn't) the
nature of magnetic audio recorders. For consumer grade stuff
especially, tolerances for "gap scatter," track placement and gap
perpendicularity and notoriously lax. On production grade pro stuff,
things are a lot better head-wise, but variances are still evident.
Secondly, a full alignment tape carries test tones, both of absolute
fluxivity and relative deviations from that during a frequency
response run, usually at a point -10 dB from reference on slow speed
stuff, but at full fluxivity at 15 IPS and higher. The tones on a
real alignment tape are guaranteed, depending on the manufacturer, to
be within so many percent (or dB) of actual fluxivity, as are the freq
run tones.

All of these tones provide the technician with an absolute reference
from which he can properly set playback gain to proper level and,
after doing so, can set record gain for the same machine, as well.
The frequency response run allows the technician to find errors in the
playback equalization circuit of the player, and by logging the amount
of error on playback and recording locally generated tones, he can
also troubleshoot the record amp's equalization circuit, as well. The
azimuth adjustment tone allows the playback head, and thus later the
record head (on three head machines) to be set to the proper
perpendicularity, thus ensuring that, as much as possible, all
recordings made on any machine will give reliable frequency response
on the machine being aligned.

These frauds fall short in all these categories, save one. First,
Noodles has no clue as to what "reference fluxivity" is, much less its
importance. The reference fluxivity for the 8 track format was 185
nanoWebers per meter (nWb/m). If the record amp is set too high,
recordings made with proper VU meter deflection will distort and
saturate the tape; too low, and they'll be riddled with tape hiss.
There IS a way to do a "secondary reference" on a dubbed tape, but it
requires a lot of cross checking to make sure that the tone on the dub
is at the same fluxivity as the original, and that takes some work and
knowledge, neither of which this fraudster possesses. The fraud tape
he tried to dump on me had a reference fluxivity that was a whopping 3
dB too hot, a lot when working on analog tape machines, which would
certainly lead to a misaligned deck that'd yield distorted recordings.

Further, the frequency response tones were useless. The "master" he
uses for his fraud tapes is the GC Electronics/"Audiotex" tape, itself
not a very good one. GC specified that the freq run tones (and the
fluxivity reference, as well) were a lousy =B14 dB from nominal, too
wide a tolerance for good recorder setup and testing. Then, he shoves
one of these things (of dubious quality) into one of his cheesy home
decks, a typical consumer grade piece of crap, no doubt. Considering
that the average deviation from nominal of these machines using a REAL
tape can be =B15 dB at -10dB over a range of, say 100 Hz-10 KHz, now
you've introduced even more error into what's being recorded on the
fraud. Let's tally up so far: Tape is only spec'd at =B14 dB, machine
could be as much as =B15 dB, for a total maximal deviation from nominal
SO FAR of =B19 dB of error. That's completely unacceptable, even for a
****ty car player.

Before going on, let's look at what a real alignment tape does, and
the errors found on "high end" home 8 track machines. I had MRL make
a custom cartridge loop for me, set for 185 nWb/m at 3=BE IPS full
track, which provides me with accurate fluxivity and perpendicularity
to within =B1.05 dB and .5=B0, respectively. Once I got my best deck, a
Wollensak 8075, completely serviced mechanically, I used this tape to
check for equalization deviations once the head geometry was set
properly. The result on playback was that this machine exhibited the
"humps" in bass response typical of consumer grade, low speed tape
machines, and had the typical drop-off of high frequencies also
characteristic to this format. With 1 KHz at 185 nWb/m as the
reference, this machine was -5/+4 from 32 Hz to 15 KHz at 10 dB down,
sort of typical for the average home machine at this speed. There was
the usual big "bump" around 80 Hz with another, smaller one at 160 Hz,
the midrange around the lower turnover frequency had a hump around 440
Hz and the top end tapered off somewhat steeply above 10 KHz., hitting
the -5 dB point at around 14 KHz. Again, this is NOT bad performance
for a "home" deck, but it did show that there were errors in the
playback equalization circuit, since I knew the head to be in near
pristine shape.

Some changing of capacitive and resistive elements of that network did
eliminate the 440 Hz "hump", but couldn't do anything about the "head
bumps" in the bottom end, which are simply a function of tape moving
too slow across a given sized pole piece size to yield flat response.
However, there were some capacitance errors in the high-side part of
the circuit which, when repaired, yielded much better/flatter response
about to 15 KHz. Thus, one true function of a real "alignment tape"
made itself available, and I was able to repair problem caused by lax
component tolerances and aging capacitors.

Now consider this: The SAME errors that will show up in a playback
equalization circuit can almost be counted upon to show up in a
complimentary record equalization circuit, and, in this case, they
did. While I got rid of the same mid-range hump caused by a
wrong-value capacitor at the lower turnover frequency, I was unable to
get rid of one of the biggest drawbacks to a "single head" machine,
that being that "one size" does not "fit all." On such machines, the
head gap is, at best, a compromise. Too wide for best top end on
playback, and too narrow on record, yielding the opposite. What most
manufacturers did was "split the difference" between optimal values
for either, giving a machine that will be too "dull" on playback in
the mid-treble and a little too "bright" on record, hoping that one
will compliment the other, and they usually do. On this particular
machine, I was able to get very flat high frequency response on
reference playback, which yielded tapes with a little too much
mid-treble on record, making them sound a bit "bright" on the
record/playback on the same machine. Not to worry...a simple RC notch
filter (unneatly hanging from the PC board as it is) took out the hump
centered around 8 KHz, but at the expense of a little of the extreme
top end. When I got done with this machine, I had a record/playback
cycle frequency response of -2/+3 from 32 to 12 KHz using Scotch
"Dynarange" tape. Top end went up through 15 KHz using Scotch
"Classic" with increased bias current, another story I covered in here
months ago. For 3=BE IPS and considering the head technology of the
times, this is excellent performance.

Now, back to the fraud discussion. Since we know that there is now a
potential error range of =B19 dB in Mr. Noodles' fraud tape duplication
setup, we now calculate the errors introduced by four more
factors...that of the equalization circuit in his record amp, the lack
of any idea of optimal biasing, deviation for absolute gap
perpendicularity and "gap scatter."

As said earlier, on most machines like this that use a common head for
both functions, a bad playback equalization circuit will usually have
an equally bad record circuit. Figuring that Noodles' record deck has
about the same =B15 dB errors as the playback side probably has, now
we're look at a whopping 14 dB of error limits...14 dB! For reference
to the technically clueless, a Bel (10 deciBels) signifies that a tone
of given frequency sounds twice as loud (or soft) as the one it is
being compared to. This isn't "double power" (3.01 dB,) this is what
the human ear perceives. 14 dB limits for checking frequency response
of a tape machines is COMPLETELY USELESS...period.

Proper bias current is necessary to achieve two things: lowest
possible distortion and best possible frequency response, and the
amount needed varies considerably from tape to tape. Noodles doesn't
know what this is, as exemplified by his discussing "playback bias"
about 6 months ago. Of course, there is no such thing as "playback
bias." 'Nuff said.

Now, head geometry enters into this, too. Noodles' frauds use the 7
KHz alignment tone of the Audiotex, a good "compromise" azimuth
setting tone. However, there is NO specification for perpendicularity
on the Audiotex tape, and my cross check a machine I had aligned with
Noodles' fraud copy (a Wollensak 5056) showed that his head on his
copying machine was off a lot...about 7=B0...from what the MRL tape
showed to be correct. Reference alignment tapes are physically
checked for perpendicularity using the same method most engineers use
to check machine track height on multi-track machines...pulverized
iron granules. The high frequency tone is impressed upon the tape's
oxide, and then is looked at through a microscope using a grid array
to judge how close the impressed signal is to being absolutely
perpendicular to the length of the tape. MRL guarantees .5=B0; the
NudoFraud=AE tape was a whopping 7=B0 off! On my machines, a
misalignment
of 7=B0 completely wipes out anything played from a calibrated tape
above about 7 KHz, and attenuates everything from about 5 to 7
KHz...again, USELESS.

The issue of "gap scatter" is comparatively minor compared to the
preceding, but yet of importance to achieving proper stereophonic
staging, especially in the high frequency area. Noodles' head on this
machine was a good one; I couldn't really see where the two head gaps,
at maximal deflection, were phased any differently from each other at
7 KHz. It sure as hell would 've helped if he would 've set the
azimuth on the head properly...he might have something there!

Noodles has said over and over again in this NG that "professional
guys make their own alignment tapes all the time." False. A real
alignment tape is a laboratory grade piece of test gear, not some
cheap dub made on a crappy home machine. Recording engineers did in
fact make "check tapes," and put "tone pads" on the tails of every
tape they'd record, to facilitate quick checking of azimuth and
extreme high and low frequency equalization. This is the province of
the professional studio; home recordists, unless they've got some
smarts in the area, wouldn't know what to do with these as a rule, but
here's an example of what they could (and should) do. Let's say you
get a real alignment tape for any machine (cassette, cartridge, RTR)
and you spend hours completely lining it up geometrically and
electronically. All works as well as it can, as good as analog can
allow, anyway. First thing you can do is run off a tape (cassette,
cartridge) of four tones: One of reference fluxivity (since you now
have, hopefully, a calibrated machine that'll yield a fairly accurate
fluxivity reference, ) and three -10dB freq tones. I use 100 Hz, 1
KHz again at -10 dB, and 10 KHz. This is the studio standard for
decades. What this tape will do is allow the operator to do a quick
check ON THAT ONE MACHINE of performance, and will alert him to
azimuth equalization, or other problems. When something on the check
tape or on the tone pad doesn't read right on the meter, it's time to
dig into the machine and get out the real alignment tape.

Your 'example' is interesting, but as discussed before, fails on a
couple of points; one of those being that you are using an example of
original products from the original manufacturer (and not from a
retailer--see the second point). Your copies are not originals from
the original manufacturer, so your 'example' analogy fails on that
point. Your example might work if you labeled your dubbed copies
"Charlie's homemade copied alignment tapes" or something like that. snip

That would be legal and moral for a reputable seller to do. Noodles
makes one salient point...that "real" alignment tapes for this format
are not found, and getting a new one from a lab is VERY expensive. I
blew upwards of $150 getting MRL to make mine for me, and that was a
broadcast cart I had to remove the pancake from and transfer it to an
8 track compatible shell. Of course, good carts are a dime a hundred,
so not to worry there. However, if he is going to make "check tapes"
(which is what they are, and only really reliable on HIS machine), he
should mark them as "NudoFraud Industries=AE Dubbed 8 Track Deck Tester"

or some such thing, NOT try to pawn them off as real Audiotex tapes,
even as bad as they were. The only one worse I found were the Aspen
"Deck Testers"...and they WERE bad...almost as useless as Noodles',
but not quite.

Noodles wins in only one area...track height. Real alignment tapes,
due to limitations placed by laboratory equipment and such, are
necessarily full track. Many consumer manufacturers did make
"secondary alignment tapes" in multi-track formats, but they do not
purport to be of the magnetic accuracy of any full track tape...but
they DO provide a quick and easy way to set track height. Most
recording engineers used to use pulverized iron particles, just like
the labs, to discern the track layout on a multi-track machine. The
procedure is easy...record a section of tape at saturation (not 0 VU)
at around 400-500 Hz, remove the tape to a well lit work area, and
then coat the recorded section with the iron particles. Once the iron
adheres to the recorded tracks, it's easy, using a plastic gauge or a
caliper, to figure out how good (or bad) the height alignment of the
record head is. On 8 track, this is critical, and often is the most
out of adjustment alignment point. To Noodles' credit, his "fraud"
tape was dead on for track hieght...the ONLY parameter in which it was
"dead on" Everything else ranged from barely useful to absolutely
useless. Oh yes, about quality: My NudoFraud=AE fake alignment tape
arrived from Drums, PA recorded on a beat to **** Rat Shack cartridge.
This thing was so worn out, the oxide was burnished on the tape, due
to continual use on a machine with worn out or filthy dirty heads.
Didn't matter to Noodles...bulk erase it and CRAM IT IN THERE! The
splice was also nearly gone, too, but I sent it back that way, hoping
his next fraud victim would also clamor for a refund. Also, it was
equipped with his notoriously bad "aquarium filter" pressure pads, a
joke in their own right. "

Old October 2nd 05, 05:13 AM
lennon fan

8-Track Thursday now available in WINDOWS MEDIA from WQMA!

Group: alt.collecting.8-track-tapes Date: Sat, Oct 1, 2005, 6:27pm
(EDT-3) From: (yodedude2)
Again you seek to divert attention from your dishonesty. Such behavior
speaks for itself.
Charlie, I don't care if you align your deck with a sledgehammer and a
pickaxe, your homemade dubbed copy alignment tape auction listing is
still fraudulent.
You knowingly claim the item to be something it is not. That is the
definition of fraud. With your refusal to correct the listing, you taint
yourself. Irreparably, it would seem, by your repugnant clinging to
deceitful behavior.
Show us that you have a conscience. We missed seeing it the first time
around. later, ron

Ron, you may as well ask for a Leopard to change his spots. You and I
(and quite a few others) realize what a fraud Nudo is, he himself knows
as well but....and let me emphasize this......HE DOESN'T CARE.!!!!

IMO, it is very sad that, for many years, 8-track collecting was done by
reputable people who actually -cared- that what they dealt in was real,
not fakes which can easily be foisted upon a (largely) unsuspecting
public. Believe me, if I wanted to, I could make fraud quads by the
boatload that you -would not- be able to tell were fake. I could do it
down to the 20+ year old labels plus the print -under- the labels, and a
dub that could fool even a serious audiophile (in fact, believe it or
not, my dubs can sometimes outperform an original).

Nudo is a laughable fraud that will simply not repent, so your continued
lovenotes will go unheeded and skirted, and your continued valid points
will be discarded as per usual regards this troll.....and make no
mistake, this is a troll of the first order, the type that would rip off
their own grandmother if they thought they could squeeze an extra $1 out
of her.

You'd have more success talking to the proverbial brick wall. At least a
brick wall wouldn't try to bull**** you. ( How do you KNOW it isn't
real? have you bought one?) LOL.

Charlie Nudo. A true piece of merde

Old October 2nd 05, 08:04 PM
66FOURDOOR

If he's correct on all counts, how come he predicted a Kerry win, with
the post "Kerry by 2" last November ?

Proving he doesn't even know about, and was oblivious to, the electoral
college.

Deduction- he's not a reliable source of information.

I'll rest my case and revert to my Ebay feedback, which totally refutes
everything you are saying, and quite effectively I might add...

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS