Auction lot of the day

Old July 29th 03, 04:26 PM

Default Auction lot of the day

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....5?aucview=0x13

Notice the stamp on the left top row. Apparently when all the perforations
are cut off a stamp that makes it imperforate!

Dave (always learning something new)

Old July 29th 03, 05:55 PM
Eric Bustad

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....5?aucview=0x13

Notice the stamp on the left top row. Apparently when all the perforations
are cut off a stamp that makes it imperforate!

Dave (always learning something new)

Technically, it has been unperfed.

= Eric

Old July 29th 03, 10:19 PM
David F.

Notice the stamp on the left top row. Apparently when all the perforations
are cut off a stamp that makes it imperforate!

Dave (always learning something new)

Technically, it has been unperfed.

= Eric

Oh!... How cruel some people can be!

Those poor little Perforations.

David ~[ 8-o

Old July 29th 03, 11:24 PM
J. A. Mc.

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:19:14 +0100, "David F."
found these unused words floating about:

Notice the stamp on the left top row. Apparently when all the perforations
are cut off a stamp that makes it imperforate!

Dave (always learning something new)

Technically, it has been unperfed.

Oh!... How cruel some people can be!

Those poor little Perforations.

Maybe they'll surface, packaged as are 'donut holes'?
Old July 30th 03, 12:10 AM
Albumen

De-perfed I'd say.

-a

Old July 30th 03, 12:48 AM
David F.

Notice the stamp on the left top row. Apparently when all the perforations
are cut off a stamp that makes it imperforate!

Dave (always learning something new)

Technically, it has been unperfed.

Oh!... How cruel some people can be!

Those poor little Perforations.

Maybe they'll surface, packaged as are 'donut holes'?

Maybe... but here the main use is in the
new generation of TeaBags!

David.

Old July 30th 03, 02:16 AM
Rodney

Shouldn't that be Doughnut holes?

Old July 30th 03, 03:08 AM
Eric Bustad

Bob Ingraham wrote:
The Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary lists "donut" as a variant of
"doughnut". But in Canada and increasingly in U.S. markets, both words are
giving way to "Timbits," the donut/doughnut holes marketed by Tim Horton's
coffee shops. One reason to go to one of the bidboard auctions here in
Vancouver is the dealer has Timbits on hand. Bidding with your mouth full of
Timbits isn't easy, but it can be done. :^)

Isn't that an American dictionary? Hardly relevant wrt a Hong Kong
stamp. What does the OED say?

Do you think that Tim Horton has a real chance to make it in the US
market with Starbucks so entrenched?

= Eric (from Seattle, hometown of Starbucks)

Old July 30th 03, 04:37 AM
Bob Ingraham

From: Eric Bustad
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:08:51 -0700
Subject: OT: Auction lot of the day

Bob Ingraham wrote:
The Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary lists "donut" as a variant of
"doughnut". But in Canada and increasingly in U.S. markets, both words are
giving way to "Timbits," the donut/doughnut holes marketed by Tim Horton's
coffee shops. One reason to go to one of the bidboard auctions here in
Vancouver is the dealer has Timbits on hand. Bidding with your mouth full of
Timbits isn't easy, but it can be done. :^)

Isn't that an American dictionary? Hardly relevant wrt a Hong Kong
stamp. What does the OED say?

Well, I am an American! Not a very good one. One that became a Canadian, in
fact. But by virtue of my birth, I can write donut to describe any stamp I
want to, and George Bush will defend my right to do so. There are worse
reasons to go to war!

Do you think that Tim Horton has a real chance to make it in the US
market with Starbucks so entrenched?

Starbucks? What's Starbucks?! Sounds like a character in a grade B sci-fi
film! But Tim Horton's, now that's a name! Horton was good enough name for a
Spock character (no, not the pointy-eared Spock, the children's book author
Spock!). Tim Horton's is often featured on a popular Canadian comedy show,
The Royal Canadian Air Farce. This Starbucks you talk about -- I've never
seen it on CBC, so it can't amount to much.

= Eric (from Seattle, hometown of Starbucks)

Bob (from Vancouver, home of Vancouverites)

Old July 30th 03, 02:50 PM

In the town I live in western New York we have one Starbucks, but in
the past year two Tim Horton's have opened for business with one more on the
way. Krispy Kreme has opened a shop also. Wife prefers Krispy Kreme over
all.
To bring this back On Topic, has a stamp ever been issued to honor the
humble doughnut/donut or any other breakfast pastry?

Dave