Wurlitzer c-110 Tape Stuck

Old July 28th 18, 04:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Wurlitzer c-110 Tape Stuck

Recently acquired a Wurlitzer C-110 that's in great shape but hasn't seen any action in quite some time. Fired it up and found that the tape would immediately eject from each head, which I believe is a belt issue from reading another thread. At one point, however, the tape got jammed on the head and won't release. Anyone know how to get this head to let go of the tape? I'm hesitant to start prying and prodding as I'll probably just cause more problems. Thanks!
Old July 28th 18, 05:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2018/07/28 8:24 AM, wrote:
Recently acquired a Wurlitzer C-110 that's in great shape but hasn't seen any action in quite some time. Fired it up and found that the tape would immediately eject from each head, which I believe is a belt issue from reading another thread. At one point, however, the tape got jammed on the head and won't release. Anyone know how to get this head to let go of the tape? I'm hesitant to start prying and prodding as I'll probably just cause more problems. Thanks!

The tape units come out of the machine reasonably easily. This is shown
in the operators manual:

https://www.flippers.com/catalog/pro...players-p-8074

Once you have the tape player out you should be able to separate the
tape from the head. If it is 'glued' to the head, try using rubbing
alcohol to soften and release the tape. Then clean the head with a soft
cloth and more rubbing alcohol.

We also have the replacement drive belts for both players for your machine:

https://www.flippers.com/catalog/pro...players-p-2665

I also have some NOS parts left for the C-110, however you kinda need
the manual to get the part numbers to look for the parts! Some are
labelled C110, but not all, and we have a few that are not showing on
the shopping cart...

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
Old July 28th 18, 06:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 12:21:36 PM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:
On 2018/07/28 8:24 AM, wrote:
[...]

Thanks! Drive belts ordered. Already ordered manual from another source before posting. Odd how similar this is to the other guy with a same problem...