Old October 31st 05, 05:06 PM
Joseph A. 'Tony' Dziedzic

Default Seeburg C red cartridge help needed

I don't think it's so much of a feud as a point of view. Ken feels the
345-03D is WAY over-priced, and I actually agree with him on that point. When
they were in the $50-75 range they were the best alternative to the original
red head cartridges. There ARE some older-manufacture cartridges out there
that were also a good alternative in their days, but since they're no longer
made, it's hard to suggest any of them. If you happen to have a local music
operator in your area, and they happen to have some old Seeburg-style
cartridges they'll sell cheap, you might find something you'd like.

Your best bet is to replace the needles and keep the existing cartridge,
unless you want to spend $300 for an 03D.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article , rmoody1695
wrote:

rmoody1695 Wrote:
I recently purchased a Seeburg C with the red cartridge. I want to
change the needles because I don't know if I have a mono or stereo
needle. All my records are stereo and I don't know if I should just
put a .7 mil needle in my cartridge or if I should try buying a new
cartridge. What will give me good quality sound out of this machine?

I appreciate your input guys but I don't know if I am any better off
than when I started. I seemed to have started a feud of sorts. You
have to understand that I am dumb as a rock when it comes to these
cartridges. I know absolutely nothing of their history or upgrades. I
just know the one on my machine is red. Is there a better cartridge
available other than the OD3 that will sound decent of should I keep my
red cartridge and just put new needles in it. I don't know what makes
the red any better or any worse than other cartridges. Your help is
greatly needed because I don't have a clue as to what I should do at
this point. Thanks for your help guys!!!