Old January 30th 10, 01:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
B.J.[_2_]

Default where do you find coin show info

On Jan 29, 10:59*pm, JHL wrote:
where do you look for coin show information? * iex *where/when/how big *etc
curious where best bang for buck is for advertising.

Primarily I check the individual web sites for coin shows I've
attended before. This doesn't need to be fancy, http://www.westfordcoinshow.com/
works. I don't go to every show and I want assurance (from an updated
web site) that the show is still on.

Many shows take names from door prizes and send postcards. Those are a
waste of money (when sent to me). I'd love an e-mail notice instead.

local paper?

I take several papers, but I've never used them for finding coin
shows. Partly that is due to my area, the local papers I take only
cover my immediate area which has no coin shows. For the Boston Globe,
I don't normally look through the classified ads section so I wouldn't
know where to look for coin show information.

nu news?

No

coin world?

I buy one every few years and take a look. I occasionally look at the
listing on their web site.

local/state club magazine?

No.

internet coinshows.com?

About once a year I look for new shows in my area.

just know about it already? iex past attendance

My most common approach (and will remain until I get a lot more money
and a lot more free time).