Old April 8th 04, 11:52 PM
Gordon Lee

"Mette" wrote:
"Gordon Lee" skrev:

- big snip -

Greetings Ms. Heindorff.
.
I may be mistaken, but isn't Michel #484-485 the same as
Scott #398-399?

Greetings, Sir Gordon,
I honestly don't know. Scott # 398-399 don't exist in my
Scott (1999 edition). The last pre-war stamp listed is
1940/ #322 and the first modern stamp listed is 1991/ #400.
The large "gap" in the listings was the reason for my original
question.

Mette

Greetings Ms Heindorff.
..
Ah-ha ... the secret must lay betwixt the two. What? One being the Scott
1999 edition and the Scott 2004 edition. At least a couple of the secrets.
I should have addressed my original response, not as a question, but as a
statement -- Or -- I should have stated my original response as a question
not addressed to you (the person asking the original question), but the
rcsd'ers at-large. (Not that I'm implying rcsd'er are large -- well, maybe
a couple of them are big-boned.)
..
Anyway, I saw the 398 and 399 numbers in a 2003 Scott Catalogue. I've no
access to the book, so I can not verify.
..
There are a couple of others stamps shown that I would like to learn their
Scott number. If they are illegal, they made into this country riding on
the outside of an envelope.
..
Respectfully,

Gordon Lee
Great Fritain Royal Memorabilia & White Knight Vytis Emporium
A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, which must be followed
by approximately 577,230 more steps.