Old April 8th 04, 11:10 AM
Mette

Default Missing Lithuanian stamps in Scott Catalogue?

I am at present working on my Lithuanian collection, and have noticed that
some of the first issues after the liberation in 1990 seem not listed in
Scott (at least not in my 1999 edition). Year 1940 stops at # 322, and then
comes the first listing for 1991 (# 400). But the first stamps of the
Lithuanian republic were issued in 1990, so compared with Michel 19 numbers
are missing.

According to Michel the "missing stamps" a 1991, Michel 457 - 485. The
missing stamps are not semi-postals or otherwise "special" stamps, so they
are not listed separately (I have checked, just for the good of it!) I have
all the missing stamps, both as singles and on cover, as well as they are
included in the official Lithuanian yearsets.

Are they listed in later issues of Scott? If yes, could someone help me
with the catalogue numbers, please? If images are needed, I can easily
upload them with Michel numbers for easy identification.

I'd be most grateful if someone can shed light on this mystery.
Thanks :-)
--
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)
return address invalid - contact me through