Old May 16th 05, 04:19 PM
Wasdin, Jake E.

Well, really, I think that 100 years from now, a bicentennial will be
just as valuable to collecters as a 1965.

Paul Anderson wrote:
I spent some $2 bills, dollar coins and 2005 buffalo nickels at a White
Castle in New York yesterday. This caused quite a stir and competition
among the workers to buy up these denominations.

One worker said he was buying the $2 bills because "they'll be worth
something someday". I've heard this before and wonder why people think
this about coins or bills that clearly will never be worth more than
face value.

It has been disproven time and time again, but people still think it.
Everything from bicentennial quarters to $2 bills to half dollars to
state quarters to dollar coins NEVER EVER are worth more than face
value, yet there's this allure or myth of "worth something someday"
that is apparently irresistable.

I guess I know why it happens, but it never ceases to amuse me.

Paul

--
*/Jake Wasdin/*