Old July 20th 06, 12:46 PM posted to alt.conspiracy.new-world-order,rec.collecting.paper-money,alt.conspiracy,uk.finance,uk.legal
Dik T. Winter

Default All banknotes to have a 2D barcode?

In article ews.net "Miss L. Toe" writes:

"Dik T. Winter" wrote in message
In article ews.net

"Miss L. Toe" writes:
"Dik T. Winter" wrote in message

Yes, the original owner was no longer legitimate owner. On the other
hand, his insurance would have paid him for the stolen bicycle.

What if he decided not to have insurance ?

Tough luck. He might try to get recompense from the thief, or from the
shop that sold his bicycle.

Why should the shop be any more liable than the customer ?

Well, if the shop owner can show he bought the bicycle in good faith he
is not liable, but the person he bought it from. But I think that will
be tough to show. (He might have checked, for instance, the list of
stolen bicycles.)

(I did hear a rumour once that bicycle theft rings in Amsterdam were
financed by the new bicycle retailers).

Most are stolen by junks that sell them again.

But who do they sell them to ?

The man on the street.