Old January 16th 07, 11:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Harry F. Leopold

Default Waternan Hemisphere Problems

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:01:30 -0600, B Landolf wrote
(in article _jPqh.6127$Gj5.5485@trnddc01):

Snip

If you still had the receipt I'd recommend you send the pen back for a refund

and then get something like a Pelikan 200. Might not look as nice as the
Hemisphere, but at least it would write.

The 200 Pelikan is a great little pen, between Diane and I we own 3 of them.
Very good daily use pens, yet nice enough to carry just about anywhere though
I don't use them quite as much as I used to, too many other great older pens
on hand. (And I seem to be rapidly worsening that "problem" by picking up
several more vintage pens. ;-)

I would say that the only thing I could possibly have against the 200 is that
they are modern pens, I like pens mostly from the 1920's to the late 40's.
One of these days I need to get myself a nice vintage Pelikan, the 140 looks
like a nice one, though there are several other possibilities.

And I need to find a nice user Parker 51 aerometric with a fine nib.

And then there is that ...
--
Harry F. Leopold
aa #2076