Old January 15th 07, 09:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Juhapekka Tolvanen

Default Waternan Hemisphere Problems

"B Landolf" writes:

AndyH wrote:

I thought that the ink might not suit the pen so I cleaned it out,
dried the pen and refilled with Mont Blanc black, an ink that is not
reknowned for being a good one in the reviews.

Hi Andy---It seems to be in vogue to bash MB. There's nothing wrong
with MB inks.

What you think about these reviews?

http://www.marcuslink.com/pens/ink/montblanc.htm

http://freenet-homepage.de/pensninks...ter%20Ink.html

http://freenet-homepage.de/pensninks...ngs%20Ink.html

http://freenet-homepage.de/pensninks...c%20Sepia.html

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...showtopic=7910

There is something wrong with some Montblanc inks, but I still find some
of them interesting, at least that Racing Green. *DROOL*

They tend to flow slower than some, but they're good inks. I've used
MB inks for years and have never gotten a bad bottle (e.g., mold,
slime, stuff precipitating out of solution). Can't say that about many
other brands including a couple that are really popular in some
on-line pen communities.

BTW, MB's Blue-Black is fantastic in free-flowing vintage pens.

That is iron gall ink. It is not very eternal ink. It will slowly eat
paper. After many years you'll have that paper filled with holes and
those holes are in the shape of those letters you wrote.

The review that I have read gave higher marks to the Waterman than to
Mont Blancs!

Again, it's in vogue to bash MBs. I don't have many of them (half a
dozen or so) , but those that I do own work well.

Have you ever had problem called "Montblanc bomb"? Have you ever had ink
in gripping section?

http://faculty.haas.berkeley.edu/rjm...s/montblan.htm

http://www.canit.se/~griffon/writing...blanc_149.html

If I were rich man, I would buy some Montblanc Meisterstück 149
-fountain pen, but I would not carry it on my pocket or backpack. I
would keep it on a pen cup. I would use it only when writing in front of
my table.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"Yhtälailla säälittävä olen niin kuin muutkin, yksinäinen jos et tuu ja jos