Old August 15th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.collecting,rec.antiques,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker[_2_]

Default Need help identifying antique book

On Aug 15, 3:10*pm, Chris Shearer Cooper
wrote:
I know this is a long shot, but I figured I'd give it a try anyway.

I've inherited a photo that is probably my grandfather, we're guessing
he's about 10 years old so about 1907:http://www.sc3.net/Clifford/Portrait.png
I'm trying to learn what I can about this portrait, one clue is the
book he's holding:http://www.sc3.net/Clifford/Hands.png

One theory is that this is a confirmation photo, so maybe the pin on
his pocket "CE" stands for Christian Education (his initials are WCJ),
in which case he should be holding a religious book of some sort?

Thanks,
Chris

I forgot to give you the list of CE acronyms. "Civil Engineer",
coupled with a Junior College, sounds like a good bet - but
you can go through the list.

http://www.acronymgeek.com/CE

Kris