Old August 15th 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.collecting,rec.antiques,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker[_2_]

Default Need help identifying antique book

On Aug 15, 3:10*pm, Chris Shearer Cooper
wrote:
I know this is a long shot, but I figured I'd give it a try anyway.

I've inherited a photo that is probably my grandfather, we're guessing
he's about 10 years old so about 1907:http://www.sc3.net/Clifford/Portrait.png
I'm trying to learn what I can about this portrait, one clue is the
book he's holding:http://www.sc3.net/Clifford/Hands.png

One theory is that this is a confirmation photo, so maybe the pin on
his pocket "CE" stands for Christian Education (his initials are WCJ),
in which case he should be holding a religious book of some sort?

Thanks,
Chris

I can't see the acronym, but if it looks like wCj, it's really WJC.
I'm thinking it's (blank) Junion College.
CE could be anything.

You didn't tell us anything about your grandfather, like where
he's from and where he lived from the age 10-25. That would help
pin things down. Is there a reason you're homing in solely
on Christianity?

Here's a list of WJC acronyms (87 of them); you can search
for WCJ, but there's only about 8 and they don't seem to fit.

Kris