Old December 28th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

Default Grading Banknotes

"John B" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 22:14:00 -0000, "note.boy"
wrote:

The numerically based grading system does not work too well in my
experience.

Grading a banknote accurately is a skill that is learned by experience,
virtually NO ebay sellers have it.

Would you agree or disagrre with this grade? Is the note worth the price
paid? Billy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200289106986

It's listed in the Banknote Yearbook ref SC903a, only two grades are
listed, VF £80 and EF £140. It does look very nice but the image has a
blue cast and is too small to judge properly. Seller has feedback
score of over 900 with only 2 negs in the past 12 months, one of those
does say over graded doctored note but there are hundreds of others
who are very happy. Can't see any other images for past auctions
(except for 1) as they are private (what are the pros and cons of
that).

I don't really feel I have enough experience to answer your questions,
I would probably have been tempted to bid if I had seen it but I would
welcome your comments to further my knowledge.

Thanks,

Have a look at this and draw your own conclusions. Billy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170280213967