Old September 17th 03, 10:53 PM
Terry Kuhns

Tony Miklos wrote in message ...
Terry Kuhns wrote:

I have checked several things out and one thing that doesn't seem
right to me I will pose as a question he I was testing the RCA
wires for shorts with my DMM. I unplugged all the jacks (1 at the DCC
and the 2 at the service switch) With my DMM on continuity buzz tone I
checked the cable from the DCC to the service switch putting the black
lead on the outer case and the red lead on the 'tit'. No buzz which
tells me no short between center wire and the ground wire. I then took
the black lead and put it on the 'tit' on the other end plug and got
buzzed. Cool, wire is good, not shorted. I then checked the one going
to the tormat. I put one lead on the outer case and the other lead on
the 'tit'. It buzzed telling me the center wire and the outer wires
are shorted together. Am I right for thinking this? If so, is this
cable replaceable?

The cable going into the tormat will have a very low resistance, which
will look like a short. This is normal. Have you wiggled the rca plug
in and out of the DCC jack while the juke is searching for a selection
and it still didn't select? If so you probably have a bad DCC. Start
out by changing all the electrolytic capacitors in it, and cleaning the
plug connections on the circuit boards.

Tony,

I have tried wiggling the jacks, even tried the battery test but the
result was still the same. I have checked/cleaned all the plugs and
plug connections so my next step will be to replace all the elect.
caps as you said. I have replaced 2 of them on the power supply board
as 1 was broken off and the other was leaking. I guess caps are caps
and just like on the older pins it is best to replace them, eliminates
a lot of trouble down the road!!

Thanks for the info on where to go next!!

-Terry