Old June 20th 05, 07:40 PM
Rodney

G'day DB,
thanks for the comments, I am a great fan of South American earlies,
esp the American Banknote Issues. They are choc full of symbolism
and artwork.
I am currently building a thematic of "fasces" issues worlwide,
and it is most surprising how oft they appear, Shanghai, US, Malta
to name a few, IIRC the US issue does not include the axe for some reason,
or perhaps was lost in the interpretation.

You have given me some homework with regards the Tiresias, I always
wondered about that I'll have to do some Googling.
Best Regards.