Old September 6th 04, 06:18 PM
phil

It would be helpful if e-bay would set up a page of links to each of its
policies regarding different issues.If you can click on one link that would
summarize what you needed to know about setting up auctions,for a
charity,for example,it would cut down on a lot of the misunderstanding and
angst.It would also help the rest of us understand what is expected and
required to participate in them.

--
Today 50 families will find out their child has autism.
1 in 166 children have an autism spectrum disorder.

"James Higby" heezerbumfrool[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in message
Here is the link (oh, nooooooo!) to eBay's policy concerning links:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-links.html

Here is the link to their policy regarding charities:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/fundraising.html

I found those links with considerable difficulty. I spent 15 minutes each
on eBay and PayPal, trying to find a link to the credit card issue. I
failed. That doesn't mean it isn't there somewhere.

My conclusion is that it's not the rules themselves that are BS, but

rather
the difficulty of finding them and knowing them. Most of us don't even

read
printed instruction manuals, and I would venture to guess that only 1 out

of
a million eBayers has ever read the entire body of rules applying to their
activities. It's simply too difficult and time-consuming to navigate the
seemingly endless lists of links and sub-links. Much preferable would be

printed manual, but of course that will never exist. Too expensive, too
much of a cut into profits, too ephemeral.

I whole-heartedly agree that whatever infractions you may have committed

are
pale in comparison with the egregious violations and nonsense that we hear
about on this newsgroup almost every day now. We all know that eBay on

its
own is not going to find the mote in your eye while it misses the beam in
the eyes of the sellers of the fake bust dollars, etc. My guess is that

you
have an enemy somewhere who has appointed himself your official tattler.

Keep up the good work!

"Scottishmoney" wrote in message
The ******s at fleaBay, notified me that my auction is in violation of
some
BS rule about charities, some BS rule about not accepting credit cards,
and
then some BS rule about outside links. Okay I listed the note in the
auction to benefit the JDRF, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

and
was going to donate in my cousin's name.

But they will let bungholes list fakes for sale, and NOT pull the

auction.
Have a look at this before they pull this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...PageName= ADM
E:B:LC:US:1

Go Figure.

Ebay sucks.

Dave

--
emails to (myuserid).at.lycos.com

Tir nam Beann, nan Gleann, s'nan Gaisgeach - Saor Alba A-Nis!

---