Old September 6th 04, 12:00 PM
Scottishmoney

"Padraic Brown" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:20:41 -0400, "Scottishmoney"
wrote:

At least the auction was not pulled, and they will duly collect their FAV
fee. But it maybe their last.
I tried to do something good, and beneficial to a near and dear cause,

and
wow I get the big slap on the arse from fleaBay.

I'd be curious as to the actual wording of their reprimand to you. If
it's no trouble, could you post the text?

By the way, glad the auction went through!

Padraic.

Dear scottishmoney
We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following item:

Bank of Scotland £5 1968 EF-AU For Charity Item number: 3927050958

However, your listing is in violation of eBay policy. We would like to
take this opportunity to
let you know what part of your listing is not permitted.

Your listing contains the following information:

In Description: " I only accept Paypal payments from balances or bank
accounts only, NO CREDIT
CARDS, I will REFUSE credit card payments"[paypal logo indicates that credit
card payments are
accepted]

We realize you may not be aware of this policy, but using such terms in this
way is considered
"Search Manipulation", which is not permitted by eBay.

And here is another email:

Dear scottishmoney
We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following item(s):

Bank of Scotland £5 1968 EF-AU For Charity Item number: 3927050958

Although these items have already ended, your listing(s) were in violation
of eBay's policies. We
would like to take this opportunity to let you know what part of your
listing(s) are not allowed.

eBay encourages community members to be active in supporting charitable
endeavors. Because
charitable fundraising is a highly regulated area subject to numerous state
and federal laws, eBay has
partnered with MissionFish to make charitable listing easy and has created
very specific guidelines
for when charitable solicitations will be allowed on eBay.

Non-MissionFish listings

1. Sellers may only list items on behalf of a charity if the charity has
provided advance written
consent for the solicitation. To prove that you have obtained that consent,
you must include a
scanned copy of the consent in the listing.
2. Sellers may only solicit on behalf of recognized 501c3 or 501c4
charitable organizations.

MissionFish listings

1. Sellers may only list items via MissionFish on eBay that meet the
MissionFish listing
guidelines, including the guidelines designed to obtain advance consent from
the charities.
2. Sellers may only solicit on behalf of recognized 501c3 or 501c4
charitable organizations.

Your listing(s) contained the following information:

In Description: "we are raising funds for the Juvenile Diabetes Research
Foundation (JDRF). The
proceeds from this auction, less the postage expense are being donated to
the JDRF."

But... the BS goes on:

Dear scottishmoney :
We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following item:

Bank of Scotland £5 1968 EF-AU For Charity Item number: 3927050958

However, your listing is in violation of eBay policy. We would like to
take this opportunity to
let you know what part of your listing is not permitted.

Your listing contains the following information:

http://www.jdf.org/

We realize you may not have been aware of this rule, but including these
links in the View Item
page is not permitted. Please remember that a "link" is defined as
anything that will allow
someone access to a remote or third-party web page.

So three strikes. Whoopsie freaking do. Paypal can kiss my grits. I will
not accept Paypal anymore. FleaBay can just NARU me for all I care.

BTW I would like to personally thank my bidders whom put up with this
nonsense, a fine RCC'er from Derbyshire was the successful party

Dave

---