Old September 6th 04, 03:20 AM
Scottishmoney

Back in 1997 when Princess Diana had died, I auctioned off several sets of
pre-decimal British coinage for the Diana Princess of Wales Fund. I had no
problems whatsoever, bids went high, buyers paid quickly and funds sent
quickly to said fund.

Frankly I think it was harassment. I replied to eBay with a strongly worded
lettre with reference to the number of fraudulent sellers, sellers of
counterfiet items, overgraded - misrepresented coins etc. that are reported
to eBay on a daily basis - WHICH THEY DO NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT. I sell very
very little on eBay, and buy very little of late also. I have had some
rather negative feelings about eBay and their practices for about a year and
a half, things like paypal, addtl fees etc. This little matter did little
to create positive karma about them.

At least the auction was not pulled, and they will duly collect their FAV
fee. But it maybe their last.
I tried to do something good, and beneficial to a near and dear cause, and
wow I get the big slap on the arse from fleaBay.

Dave
--
emails to (myuserid).at.lycos.com

Tir nam Beann, nan Gleann, s'nan Gaisgeach - Saor Alba A-Nis!
"phil" wrote in message
Did they give anyone a hard time when they were doing the auctions for the
lawsuit vs. whats their problem?
phil
(I smell that familiar odor of....discrimination)

--
Today 50 families will find out their child has autism.
1 in 166 children have an autism spectrum disorder.
"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"phil" wrote in message
Maybe you could contact them and ask them exactly what their policy

toward
charities is.Do they even have a policy if you want to set up a

charity
auction?I mean,other than contributing to them.
Nice note,too.

Seems I have heard quite often of some celebrity donating something for
auction on Ebay with the proceeds going to a charity. I wonder if

someone
actually complained about the note auction, or if Ebay's sharp eyed
detectives spotted something.

Bruce

---