Old July 9th 04, 04:07 PM
Dan Pon

Anyway to stop this hare-brained scheme? How does one congressman get
the power to get his little pet project passed, which has hardly any
support among collectors? Wow, he gets to change the design of our
newest coin. But if we asked him to change the designs of the other
coins, most of which go back to before or about WWII, he'd probably
just tell us that would impossible. I wish someone could attach an
amendment to this bill calling for a complete overhaul of all the
designs, then at least some good might come out of this. After all, if
all the Presidents will be on the dollar coin, then there's no need
for them to be on the other denominations.