Old February 14th 11, 02:46 AM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Nov 2010

Hi David

I appreciate your help
The guy I purchased the RockOla off is really a Pinball expert
So he has asked me to gather as much info as I can, apparently there
are not too many Juke experts around Sydney
Hopefully he will be visiting shortly to check out the problem
The Juke is the best thing I have ever purchased!

Cheers
Dovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRebber View Post
Dovers,

If the mech is resting at home position when you make the selection and nothing happens, my first thought would be the microswitch and/or spring actuator on the top back side of the selection pin assembly. A solenoid will fire at the same time the selection write-in coil is fired, thereby taking pressure off the selection pins and setting the SCAN sequence into motion.

By the way, it really helps to be as specific as possible with all aspects of what is happening when a malfunction occurs. Everything observable is a clue for someone trying to troubleshoot a problem from a remote location. Case in point: I had a location that would call almost every day to complain that the jukebox only gave 3 songs for a dollar, instead of the 5 songs showing on the pricing card. I would run dollar bills through the DBV until I was blue in the face and it would give 5 credits every time. I made about seven service calls before asking the ditzy barmaid to explain exactly how they were being short-changed. As it turned out, they were getting 5 credits, but the write-in sequence was not always setting the selection pin ( dirty write-in contact ring connection).

Let me know more, if possible.

Respectfully,

David
Ads