Old December 24th 05, 06:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default German stamp identification?

That is a nice scan, but it has more to do with scanning technique*
than the scanner itself. My scanner, an Agfa Snapscan e40, is going on
five years old and cost me all of CDN $125; what I do to get images
likeTreacan's is scan at 800% of actual size and sharpen the image
slightly. I could do the sharpening at the scanning stage, but I'm a
control freak. Since 800% creates an image too large for most uses, I
size it down to something more manageable.

Bob

* I use the word "technique" loosely, because I still don't really
understand scanning. Took me ages to learn by trial and error how to
get a decent image.