Old May 31st 08, 01:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

Default Venting

The Drunken Lord wrote:
A lot of these same
people whine about saturated inks made by Nathan and PR, whining about
the stain, and they prefer some old ugly ass blue-black that goes
along iwth their antique pens.

And they whine about nib creep. "Boo-hoo, Nathan's ink creeps my
nib."

As I've said on FPN, I'm a bit forgetful, so I kinda like the nib creep.
It reminds me what ink's in what pen.

Goddamn, if fountain pens got relegated to the same status as using
straight razors--that's what people like Nathan Tardif and others are
trying to move fountain pens away from.

I personally wonder a lot about people who think they're really using
fountain pens when the best pen they've got is a Lamy Safari. And they
want a Lamy forum.

I admit: I don't like Lamy pens. It's the Lamy users that drive me bats,
though.
http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...howtopic=63261

Let's face it: if we couldn't get
Nathan's ink or PR's ink or the new Diamine inks, we'd be left with
the old ugly colors they used back in the days people used straight
razors, which is exactly what a lot of people on FPN use and advocate.

That's okay, they don't like colorful pens, either.

(More for me!)

--
_Deirdre web: http://deirdre.net blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"