Old May 30th 08, 04:03 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default Venting

On Tue, 27 May 2008 17:40:06 -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen
wrote:

The Drunken Lord wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 08:46:49 -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen
wrote:
If you want to write about your kooky religious beliefs, here would
probably be a better place for that than FPN. At least here you won't
be moderated or censored.

Ehh, I'll save it for livejournal. Fits better there.

Post it whereever you please. But you won't be posting it in the FPN
chatter forum. A lot of those dip****s on FPN go in for traditional
crap, which is why a lot of them use fountain pens. A lot of the guys
on FPN actually use straight razors and shaving soap and brush--there
was a thread on chatter about it awhile back. A lot of these same
people whine about saturated inks made by Nathan and PR, whining about
the stain, and they prefer some old ugly ass blue-black that goes
along iwth their antique pens.

And they whine about nib creep. "Boo-hoo, Nathan's ink creeps my
nib."

And these are the same ones who whine to high heaven when somebody
posts a nontraditional religious concept on FPN, or when somebody
suggests that George Bush be tried for treason.

Goddamn, if fountain pens got relegated to the same status as using
straight razors--that's what people like Nathan Tardif and others are
trying to move fountain pens away from. Overall, FPN probably does a
disservice to fountain pens and are working hard to hasten the
extinction of fountain pens. Let's face it: if we couldn't get
Nathan's ink or PR's ink or the new Diamine inks, we'd be left with
the old ugly colors they used back in the days people used straight
razors, which is exactly what a lot of people on FPN use and advocate.