Old January 5th 04, 04:38 AM
Paul Robertz

(Malanutt 4 Life) wrote in message ...
You would think my reason for me wanting the elimination of the rag buck is
stupid, but I'll say it anyway. The reason is, because I like $2 bills and have
heard and read that if the $1 bill goes, the $2 bill will circulate more.

Tom

Tom,

I like $2 bills, SBAs, Sacagaweas/baby backs, and half dollars, too.
My hunch is that the $1 rag dollars will be with us until congress can
defeat the lobbyist of the paper company who profits by supplying the
rags for those.

I'd like to see 2 and 3 cent coins circulate again, and would do
everything in my power to get ATMs to spit out a new $17.01 bill or
coin, should congress ever authorize one. I'm sure that many other
aging computer geeks and those who make their living recovering data
from crashed hard drives will also support the $17.01 bill.