Old September 2nd 16, 08:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
[email protected]

Default Mis-threaded Waterman Carene?

Late to this party, but there's an easy way to fix this. Thank you Fountain Pen Network.

Unscrew the barrel, and holding the nib pointing up find the sold collar below the section threads. Loosen this collar, and you'll find the threads on the section come free.

I had to remove my threads and replace them "backwards" so that the nub on inside of the thread ring doesn't lock into the channel on the section.

Then it's just a (slow and painful) matter of finding out exactly at what position you need to lock the threaded ring in with the collar in order to stop the barrel from misaligning with the nib.