Old April 11th 07, 01:45 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
LarryW[_4_]

Default Pelikan M1000 - How many drops does your barrel hold?

"Brian Ketterling"
wrote in message
ink.net...
In ,
LarryW wrote:

I keep wondering if the pen I am thinking of, I am confusing for
something else. I cetainly remember the name Wearever. It may be

the
other that cost a whole dollar. Maybe the 29¢ paper cutter has a
different name that eludes my mind. The pen you describe closely
resembles the dollar pen I often could not afford to replace. Any
ideas [names] of some popular cheapo brands sold from early to mid
50's?

I'm not sure, right off the bat. Wearever was kind of the "American

BiC" of
fountain pens -- they cranked out millions of pens, and they were
inexpensive. They very well could have made pens like you

described, that
I'm just not aware of. All of the lower-range Renew-Points that

Esterbrook
put on their pens were either untipped (like their "flexible" #2048)

or had
folded tips, but Esterbrooks are pretty good pens (and they made a

"Dollar
Pen"). I don't know... maybe I'll stumble across a reference to a

29¢ pen.

BTW:
If you check out the nib tip, you will notice the absence
of sodder.

No one, to the best of my knowledge, ever tipped a pen with

solder... or was
that just an offhand term?

Brian
--

What I was trying to say was "soldered with irridium." I recall
Esterbook as being a mid to higher range pen. Usually they were sold