Old August 7th 03, 06:22 PM

William Bosner wrote:

I wonder if the Pelikan Level filling system can be considered an
innovation? In it's present form, it is a bit retrograde, but has the
potential to be a descent filling system. In my opinion, it needs a
simple method of opening the system so it can be flushed.

Its a innovation ONLY IF you consider anything different for the sake of
being diffeent an innoviation. BUT IS IT BETTER THAN ANY OTHER
FILLER? Of course not. Name the advantages and improvements it offers
over other fillers. Name the IMPROVEMENTS the Level offers that makes
the Level a better pen than pens of the 40s and 50s. Its a joke of a
filler in realistic terms. A "decent" filler (and I do not think the
Level is even that) is not a better filler nor an improvement. As I
said ink could be sold in pressurized cans and used to fill a pen like a
butane lighter. Maybe the pressure could help flush the ink even.
Nutty? Yup. Innovative? Sure! Could it be made to work? Easy.
Would some people buy it? PT Barnum was right. Would Pen World call it
a great advancement in pen? Sure if paid full page color ads for it ran
in the same issue. BUT Better than a standard time tested filler?
A true improvement in fountain pens? ROFL Noooooooo waaaaaaaaay.
Frank