Old August 7th 03, 08:57 AM
Jolyon Wright

I guess a lot of it depends on whether you're the buyer or the seller. If
you're the buyer then maybe that eyedropper works just fine so it aint
broke.

But if your job is to sell pens - it is *broke* because you need to sell
more so you have to "innovate". Perhaps from the manufacture's perspective
the main innovation has been making things disposable. This ensures that
regular pen users buy loads of pens.

Personally I hate this. I would rather have a couple of great pens that will
last than keep sweat shops in china endlessly churning.

jolyon

"Scaupaug" wrote in message
Is that anyting that makes a standard fontain pen more useful
or dependable for everyday NORMAL use? NO!!!!!!!! Frank

Hmmm...can't see how we had to move on from eyedroppers then. I don't

really
NEED anything beyond a basic eyedropper according to that logic. All the
following pens and designs from say, 1890 on - were just pointless.

Anyone have a 1957 Chevrolet? These modern cars don't cut it - just
gimmicks...new innovation never existed. :-) lolol