Old August 19th 08, 04:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
wolfy

Default Day to day pen opinions

On Aug 17, 5:45*pm, "Jimmy" wrote:
I have used for the last few months some dollar-store discoveries-I
bought 14 of them, they were so cheap and good.
No leaking. I will forgive any other minor things with them.
Occasionally, I have to shake it to get ink flowing smoothly, but it
holds up amazingly well with all the daily journaling I do.
The contest on the package ended 12/31/97-so these were not new items.
The cashier told me they were good and he bought some.
I went back and told hime he was right.
Wolfy

Hello everyone. Anyone at home here?

What do you like every day as a cheap, good fountain pen that doesn't need
to be insured, or carried around in cottonwool by a team of hired guards?

I was pleasantly surprised by the Sailor 1911 "Profit" 14K range. The medium
one, more like a European fine, is my favourite at the moment. It just
GLIDES. It has been my favourite for 6 weeks. I got a red one with black top
and tail. The "Music nib" one is disappointing though, always glitching. The
"B" one is nice enough, but nothing like the "M".

--
A Sailor in a sea of ink. Blue of course; what did you think?