Old August 18th 08, 11:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Jimmy

Default Day to day pen opinions

"Bluesea" wrote in message

"Jimmy" wrote in message ...
What do you like every day as a cheap, good fountain pen......

(skip my quoted text)
I'm still enjoying the Kaweco Sports I got a few months ago in the various
colors. The EDs from Swisher are particularly nice because of the capacity
and visual enjoyment from watching the ink.

FWIW, I found fine nibs at http://www.shopwritersbloc.com/kaweco.html.

I had not even heard of Kaweko - thanks for the link, and I will take a look
at some. BTW, the Sailors hold hardly any ink, with smallish cartridges and
an even smaller converter. (Just carry two!)

The Pelikano I tried was far too dry, but I don't know if this is typical of
the model. Since I was never using it, I gave it to a charity shop.

Pilot 78s are nice and slim, but there are wild variations in ink flow. All
mine came from eBay, so they might not be the cream of Pilot's production. I
got a "medium" red one that was just perfect, a black one that was dry to
the point of skipping, and a blue-green one that was good. I gave the red
one to my sister, but she seems to be immune to this "hobby".

Pilot 78 "fine" flows like a champ, and happily digests Noodlers! I've only
got one, so I don't know if this is typical. As an (ex) user of scratchy
extra fine nibs, I was surprised by how smooth and pleasant this is,
although I would not use it as a regular daily pen. It writes like a 0.4mm
roller-ball.

Amused by your 'nym; visualising a massive inkwell.

--
Piloting through the blue