Old December 14th 11, 10:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

Default Italian issues of 1863

There are two types of the 15 centesimi stamp issued in 1853
by Italy.

The stamps have extensive flaws which enable many
of Type I and the majority of Type II to be plated.

I have now acquired a significant number of both Types, and an attempt at plating
them is illustrated on my website at

http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/kingd...ire/index.html

with details on
http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/kingd...ire/type1.html
and
http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/kingd...ire/type2.html

More will be added (I bought many at a recent auction, and
left them behind - they are on their way) but I may not get
them to scan until after Christmas.

Enjoy!

--
Tony Clayton