Old June 14th 04, 05:00 AM
Sam Madison

Fred wrote in
:

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:44:04 GMT, "Penny Howland"
wrote:

Can we talk about pens? If you want to display your political
brilliance, there are plenty of other groups on the server.

We have become so intolerant in some areas; that bit of sarcasm
doesn't seem so outrageous. I can think of several threads that went
way OT without such serious criticism.

OK, then let's try it this way... Imagine Pres. Kerry signing an
important bill, and someone asks for the pen as a keepsake. "Pen? I
don't own any pen. That's the family pen. And I actually voted
against this bill before I voted for it. Hey, did you know I used a
MB 149 when I served in Vietnam? But I threw that pen away in
protest. No, wait, it was someone's else's pen. And it wasn't a pen,
it was a nib, section, and cap. Did I mention I served in Vietnam?"

Polly wants a cookie?

Not taking any sides here, man, but have you tried independent thought lately? Is
any of your political opinions not a platitude? Read anything other than Calvin?

I hope you are not older than 14 or so. Voting rights for the moronic are the dark
side of democracy.

And yet... You are entitled. God bless America.

S.A.M.