Old July 18th 04, 06:15 PM
Jerry Dennis

Touche. I'm constantly amazed that the number of bank tellers that know
NOTHING about coins and currency in general. Check it out:

"They don't make $2 bills anymore."

"What new nickels?"

"Sacagawea dollars are gold."

"Blue (or Red) Seal notes are all counterfeits."

"Alexander Hamilton was a President of the United States."

"What's this (reference to an Ike dollar)?"

On the plus side, though, if tellers were as knowledgable as us, we wouldn't
get near the cool stuff we get from banks.

Jerry
My Vault Manager is a big silver dollar collector who one bragged that he'd
gotten a CC Morgan a in deposit.

"Scott Stevenson" writes:

I would say that "consider the source" should apply to the bank
teller. To be charitable, they (as a group) are not the most accurate
of sources concerning what's going to happen with the nation's coins
and currency.