Old April 24th 12, 04:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default Separation of scanned images of several stamps

An interesting article written by the well known participant in this ng,
Bill Sharpe, just appeared in the last Linn's Stamps News.

Bill describes his positive experience with the free program named "Stamp
Image Bursting Application", that can be downloaded from he
http://www.drakeserver.com/

The straightening of slanted images can be then done with different image
editing programs, for example (says Bill) with the free MS Windows Live
Photo Gallery.

I have downloaded the program but I haven't tried it yet with a scan. So far
I found it strange that I couldn't move the program's window, that
positioned itself in the top left corner of the screen.

BTW, the same can be done maybe easier but surely not cheaper... with
Photoshop, as described on my old page:

http://www.artonstamps.org/Magazine/...can-stamps.htm

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP