Old June 27th 12, 07:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Terry Reedy

Default One press sheet US Baseball sold out before issue date

On 6/27/2012 1:02 PM, Billns wrote:
On 6/26/2012 9:40 AM, Sir F.A. Rien wrote:

On 6/25/2012 4:27 PM, Victor Manta wrote:
One uncut 120-stamps press sheet of US Major League Baseball All-Stars,
with all four players, sold out on pre-orders before the issue date
July
20 - 21.
Only 1,000 of them were available. Source: Linn's Stamp News on-line.

Certainly not as large as a sheet of GB Line Engraved! Nearly any
framing shop could make an archival quality 'display' for it.

Yet another example of the USPS return to 'special favour' production
for $$$!

There were a couple letters in Linn's this week protesting the sale of
these uncut sheets. No one is forced to buy them and they are indeed a
pain to store.

As a US taxpayer and therefore USPS subsidizer, I am happy for the USPS
to find other, volunteer, sources of revenue. What would bother me would
be if anyone pushes the idea that stamp collectors should pay any
attention to them (like is done with the numerous gummed collector
labels pushed as 'postage stamps').

If these are the actual press sheets, rather than something specially
printed for collectors, then the collectors are preserving what could be
considered historical artifacts ;-).

tjr