Old June 25th 12, 11:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default One press sheet US Baseball sold out before issue date

"Terry Reedy" wrote in message
On 6/25/2012 4:27 PM, Victor Manta wrote:
One uncut 120-stamps press sheet of US Major League Baseball All-Stars,
with all four players, sold out on pre-orders before the issue date July
20 - 21.
Only 1,000 of them were available. Source: Linn's Stamp News on-line.

I suppose that they weren't bought by some uninformed collectors, who
will never recover their money, but by some kind of investors who know
what they're doing.

I sure they are pretty in a way, but their size makes them really awkward
to properly store or display without damage.

For a stamp collector it is surely true. Years ago I had such a storage
problem with an uncut Canadian sheet, that's why it is still in the
condition the post sent it to me.

I suppose that it is nevertheless easier to store such a sheet than an old
wedding dress, picture, car or locomotive.

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/