Old May 4th 09, 05:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Giovanni C. Pettinaro

Default 1963 S5 red seal star note

Hello,
Your note belongs to the United States Notes/Legal tender Issue.
In particular it belongs to the last series of this type: 1963.
According to your description, your note seems to be in AU (About
Uncirculated) condition. Its value is therefore ranging between
US$75-US$90, depending on its real condition. You won't get rich with
it, but it is a nice note to keep.

Best regards,
Dr. Giovanni C. Pettinaro
(IBNS LM-166, LANSA 1173).

Pettinaro Bros. World Paper Money Market,
http://www.papermoneymarket.com

APC wrote:
Hello I have a 1963 $5 red seal star note that I have had for ten
years. I would like to get to know the real value of my bill. It is
in near perfect condition with a smudge from a bank stap (assuming)
but does not have any folds or creases. The serial number is as
follows: *01243918A with a front plate G4.