Old April 8th 18, 06:57 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Default TECH: Bad transformer on my Seeburg 100J WSR7-L5 need replacementor compatible

On 2018/04/07 6:56 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 2:39:43 PM UTC-5, John Robertson wrote:
On 2018/04/07 9:45 AM,
wrote:
Hi All,

My question is this: Since I am not going to be using a wall box, I do not need all the outputs of the transformer. What outputs do I need to just have the jukebox select only?

John

Wallboxs used the second (smaller) 25VA transformer for their power on
the Control Center.

Why do you feel that you need a replacement main transformer? Is your
current one smoking, smelling, or making a sparking noise inside?

It is bad. I opened it up, its burnt to a crisp.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18QG...ew?usp=sharing

John :-#)#

Ouch, that is sad! Vern Tisdale's son used to make those transformers,
or rewind them (not sure which). Pretty sure he still does:

http://verntisdale.com/index.html

Otherwise you either find another transformer rewinder or get a few
Hammond transformers together to equal the needs. You need all the
voltages. As you still have the original transformer you may be able to
figure out the current capacity of each winding by measuring the wire gauge.

Good luck! If successful please let us know.

Oh, and there is a magazine Always Jukin which has a web site and there
show a number of ads of people selling various jukebox services, perhaps
there is a rewinder hiding there!

http://alwaysjukin.com/

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com