Old August 21st 04, 11:54 PM
M. Scott Reynolds

Yea (!), I've been looking at what it would "cost" me to fill those
holes in my Intercept Shield album and they start at $150 and go up from
there for the SBAs. I'm going to have to start saving up for them...

Scott R.

Phil Barnhart wrote:
In (a weak) defense of Red Book, the Type 2 mint marks actually appear
on ALL proof coins of 79 and 81. Given the lack of SBA strike
rareties, the T2 mint mark seems to be collectible in SBAs. They are
rarer in SBAs than in the other proofs - but in fact what the red book
is illustrating the the "appearance" of the mint mark itself - wich
since it came from the same punch will be identical on all coins -
cents, nickels, quarters, halves, and SBAs.

[...]