Old July 15th 04, 08:46 PM
Jeremy

"Dave" wrote in message
Nancy Handy wrote:

Private Reserve smartened up and introduced PR American Blue permanently

into
their line which is hard to distinguish from the LE version.

I haven't tried American Blue - how does its colour compare to
Waterman's? (I know it'll be much more saturated - but (for instance) I
don't like Lake Placid Blue because it's too greenish. I actually like
the look of Tanzanite better, but it really is purplish purple, not
purplish blue.) :-)

To my eyes, Waterman comes pretty close to
not-green-not-purple-just-Blue.

Waterman Florida Blue is quite nice and you can still be an ink rebel if

you
use it. Only Quink and Skrip users dot all their i's and cross all their

t's
and make full stops plus an extra ten seconds at stop signs.
LOL

I didn't know there was a roving band of ink rebels! Where do I sign up?
(and with what? - REAL ink rebels would sign up using India ink in a
priceless vintage pen, but I'm more of a milquetoast-y kind of rebel,
thinking of buying orange ink one day and no further than that.)

David

My ideal blue is one that looks "blue" on ecru paper. That is why I want a
saturated color ink. I don't think I'd be sp picky if I was intending to
use the ink on white paper.

I did forget one other item: I want an ink that will not fade over time, or
fade in the sun. One recommendation I received for Black was to use
Pelikan, because it was very deep black, and because it was available in 1
litre bottles, not just the 1 or 2 ounce sizes. It is supposedly also
somewhat thicker and smoother than the Scrip that I am now using.

As black is the color of choice for all formal correspondence, I want to
settle on a good black ink, too. But I must confess that I like blue better
for signatures on business letters. I might just try a dipping pen for use
with all the other colors--so I don't have to flush out a pen when I feel
like changing colors.

Too bad about Scrip blue--it looks so weak when it dries.