Old July 15th 04, 01:15 AM
Jeremy

"Nancy Handy" wrote in message
. ..
Jeremy wrote:
I live in Philadelphia, and we have an art
supply company, Pearl Art Supply, that might carry some of these inks in
stock. Too bad I can't sample them before I buy, somewhat like trying

out
colognes with those tester bottles at department stores . . .

The Pearl Art by me has none of those inks that were mentioned. They
don't carry Noodler's or Private Reserve or Omas. They might have
Skrip, Quink, Waterman, or Pelikan which are all run-of-the-mill safe
(but not exciting) inks.

I think Skrip and Quink are watered down, safe versions, that don't
look like anything special. They're the safest inks in town, but I
guess I like to live more dangerously than that. Yeah, I'm an ink rebel!
I was surprised someone mentioned Montblanc blue. Ugh, pass the barf
bag! And I think Aurora is pretty, but too purple. I agree, however,
that Levengers is a pretty blue even if it takes the patience of Job to
wait for it to dry.

Be daring, man, go for the gusto of inks - Private Reserve American
Blue or its conterpart, Private Reserve 2003 DC Supershow Blue. I heard
that the 2004 DC Supershow Blue was lighter, but I have hoarded enough
of the other to last for some time. I stopped counting my inks when
they got to over 100, but I have at least one pen filled with the
stunningly brilliant Private Reserve 2003 Supershow Blue (equivalent of
PR American Blue) every single day.

Check around for prices. I think Sam from www.pendemonium.com has some
for you and probably some other fine vendors as well such as Chuck
Swisher and AnnMarie from Ink Palette.

Nancy

Surely you don't flush inks from your pens and replace them with different
colors! You must have a ton of pens.

I have few opportunities to use mine for more than signatures right now,
although I send out a lot of business correspondence (unfortunately mostly
by email, fax and word processor). I remember when I embraced all this
modern stuff. That was before I had to restore from backups after my
computer system crashed several dozen times (the most recent being due to
an email-infected virus).

Now I yearn for simpler times again. I never got, or gave, a virus with a
handwritten note . . .

Thanks for the recommendations.