Old September 16th 08, 06:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Paul

Default A Decent Canadian Find At My Bank Today

A family member found a bundle of 230 $1 bills stashed away for 20
years. Included 5 1974 $2, 1 replacement 1974 $1, 3 1954 $1 and the rest
1974 1$. Nice little find to sort through.

Paul wrote:
Very nice find. Do the 54s have the devils face in her hair or the newer
design?

scottishmoney wrote:

I was on the prowl for older FRN's and Ikes, they were skint of them,
but they did have these come across yesterday:

http://www.geocities.com/scottishmon...nadiandosh.jpg

I have never gotten 1954's in circulation before, let alone 8 of
them. The $1 and $2 denominations are now obsolete in Canada, and I
think it was a bit interesting that the bank even took them in a deposit.