Old October 29th 06, 03:52 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
BL

Default Storing fountain pens with ink in them?

scottmandue wrote:

should fountain pens be stored with the tip up
between uses?

There's no right or wrong answer to this one, Scott. I have pens lying
all over the place... A couple are in cups on my desk, but most are
lying on their sides. I can't imagine people worried about such things
back when fountain pens were all one could buy... they just kept their
pens wherever (desk drawer, pocket, wherever). I do find that some of
my pens are more likely to write first thing when they've been lying
on their sides versus nib up. I think you'll find that for many pens
it doesn't matter how you store them but others are a bit more
temperamental. You could either try storing the pen nib up or just
blot it with a tissue before writing if it's too juicy for your
tastes. -- B