Old March 16th 07, 01:59 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
BL

Default Pelikan M1000 - How many drops does your barrel hold?

LarryW wrote:

Using a hypodemic syringe, I am getting 17 ml from
M1000 (and 13 ml from MB149 - control)
-LarryW

17 ml?!?!?!?!?!? That's over 22 converters full. I think you mean 1.7
and 1.3 ml. A few years back I did similar measurements on a bunch of
different pens and found that the M800 and M400 hold about 1.5 ml or
two converters full (similar to the Aurora Optima). The Paragon-style
pens from OMAS (the previous design, not the current design) hold
about 2.25 ml, same as the old Pelikan 100N and cir. 1950s Pelikan
400. The converters I measured varied between .65 and .75 ml
capacity. I do not have a M1000 here, but I would not be surprised if
they hold just a bit more than the 400 and 800 or about 1.7 ml as you
say above. If Pelikan wanted to increase the ink capacity of their
pens, they'd use a telescoping mechanism (you know, like the one
Montblanc invented) but nobody uses these anymore (including MB)
because the cost to manufacture them and they're less durable. How
long does it take you to write out your M1000? -- B